cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help log onto Huawei echolife interface

Pluses

Help log onto Huawei echolife interface

Hi all,
We are at a loss, as we cannot get through the login page to our Huawei fibre modem/router, to correct the login details to get internet at our house. (Password/username combination not accepted.)
Plus.net told me to use details under the router but this was not helpful because all we have are a bunch of numbers and characters. Some Google searches suggested to use admin as username and the serial number (SN) as password but we simply cannot find a combination that works. Have tried full  SN, first 5 characters, and first 11 characters.
Have tried [blank] and Administrator as username. Also tried [blank]  admin and BT passwords. (admin:admin was the first thing we tried!!)
Any help from the community would be much appreciated. The ISP doesn't seem to know.
Cheers, guys!
J
Serial number 21530315408K18020767 (followed by some other characters, these should be ignored right?)
Model Huawei echolife hg 612
See also attached picture.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Help log onto Huawei echolife interface

You can't login to the modem
The login details for internet are set in the Router
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi and welcome the PN forum.
The Plusnet supplied router should be configured with your username and password, not the BT supplied modem.  The Huawei modem (in its default configuration) does not have any user GUI and plays no part in the authentication of your broadband connection.
Can you confirm that Plusnet have sent you a router and, if so, what model you have received?
Pluses

Thank you very much both of you for your responses. It's a Netgear n150. I will try with its standard login (admin: password) at my next opportunity. Plus.net told me we were trying to log on with the wrong username and password to their dsl server so I stupidly assumed I needed to log onto my modem, not the router, to change this.
dick:quote