cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Ongoing Disconnects.

Nwls31

Help With Ongoing Disconnects.

Bit of a long winded post so please bear with me but I am looking to resolve this in the next week as I go away for a week on the 18/03/2016, which means I shall be leaving my elder sons with continued disrupted service for a week.
Background : Took the new fibre option in November last year, engineer (contractor - not BT) arrived and installed my equipment. However he could not fit the required faceplate to my socket as he had none, he said it wouldn't cause an issue for me, only for his testing purposes (I had the single socket type with a line filter plugged in), this seems to be correct as I received full speeds at all times. The very same day, or maybe the following day, I noticed that one of the ethernet port lights was not working, so I swapped my connected items around on the ports and still the same port refused to light up. Had online chat (check my logs) with a PN agent and informed him I thought the router was faulty and he said they would get me a new one out within a day or two. Following day I think it was, the ethernet light decided to work suddenly, had another online chat and I informed the guy that it seemed OK. That was the end of this scenario.
Around the first week of February, I noticed the connection was randomly disconnecting, sometimes immediately after reconnecting too, this was on wired and wireless connections, although it seems more prevalent on wireless. I opened a support ticket (Question #120204633) on the 18th February and awaited response. On the 22nd February I had the following image posted to my support ticket, http://community.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14561741336647.png, clearly a disconnection issue and was advised I needed an engineer visit, this was arranged for the 1/3/2016.
Engineer arrived (BT one this time) changed the faceplate to the required one and connected his test equipment,  then basically said he couldn't really see a fault, as I was achieving the full 75MB d/l speed and in all honesty I have had this speed since installation, no problems with the speed. We chatted about whether it could be a router issue and he said very probably, he packed up and left. The connection stabilized for about 5 days or so.
I then received the following on my ticket, http://community.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14570281519120.png, the clear break in the connection was the engineer testing the line. I also received the following message,
We can see that the connection has been stable since the engineers visit and the speed of the connection is running around 75mbps.
We would advise you to monitor your connection and if the fault re-occurs, please contact us on the details below, or via text message and we will be more than happy to carry on with our diagnostics.
You can reply to this message online, call us on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 or simply reply to the text we have sent.

On the 7th March the connection was going mental, on, off, on, off, so I readdressed the support ticket, where I received the following, http://community.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14574463528708.png, then I received a telephone call from one of the support guys (at least I think it was support) and he said I needed another enginner visit, I discussed the conversation I had with the first engineer who came on the 1/3/16 about the router and he said something along the lines of that it could well be the router but the enginner had to put it on his report. The engineer  was booked for the 9th March.
Engineer arrived, I had to explain all over again what the issue was, once again he connected his equipment and said he couldn't find fault. Again I discussed the router with him and he said it was more than likely the culprit, especially as my Openreach supplied modem lights have not gone off at all, at least to my knowledge and I explained about him needing to put it on his report. He packed up and left. Yet still the problem persists, with the only way of getting all my wireless connections back online by rebooting the router, I have only really rebooted the modem a couple of times, more in deperation.....it is the router I always have to reboot.
Then yesterday, the 10th March (one day after the last engineer visited)  I receive yet another message saying I need another engineer visit, absolute madness. I have added further notes to my ticket regarding this and I am not prepared to accept another engineer visit until I know that he is going to do something different to the last two.
Is it really beyond comprehensible that I could not be sent another router to try? As to date I have had three people (two engineers and an agent )suggest it seems the likely culprit, if it isn't, at least it has been eliminated. This is beyond a joke now to be honest, I appreciate that sometimes problems can occur but I am reaching the end of my tether with this now. Like I say I am going away a week today , hence me posting on here, as support have not yet responded to my ticket reply.