cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Whats going on with my fault?

dfects
Grafter

Help, Whats going on with my fault?

I raised a fault on the 11th of August. On the 18th, I recieved a reply asking me to try the test socket. I did so and replied that same day saying nothing improved.

On the 22nd of August, my fault is closed with the message "The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker."

I added a reply on the 24th of August saying I was still having issues.

Today, the 25th... I get an email stating that you haven't heard back from me!? I've replied twice to the ticket. Can a member of staff please take a look? I'm happy to wait but right now I don't know whats going on.

8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Help, Whats going on with my fault?

Without knowing what fault you reported, what responses were given on the ticket, the only people that could respond would be PN staff members, and they seem to be scarce on here of late! 

dfects
Grafter

Its a speed fault, downstream sync rate is close to half what it has been for years now. There isn't much on the ticket more than in the op, I've only had one reply copied twice in the ticket about trying the test socket. The rest seem automated. I replied saying the speeds remained the same after doing so on the 18th.

There is more information here, but now after being told I haven't responded when I have twice I was hoping a staff member might see this and be willing to check the ticket for me to see whats going on. I have no idea if I need to submit another fault or not right now to get this moving.

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @dfects - to progress the fault we asked you to provide 3 dates you'd be available for an engineer visit, we didn't receive this information which is why the fault closed. If you could send that information over on the ticket including the time slot you'd prefer out of the two indicated on the ticket we can get this back over to the Faults team ASAP to look into it further for you.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
dfects
Grafter

Thanks for your reply! My apologies, I thought stating I was free any time would be enough. I've chosen three slots and have replied to the ticket.

Thanks again.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

dfects
Grafter

I had a call Friday last week and I have an engineer appointment booked, but I just had an email saying my fault was closed as I didn't respond? The ticket also now has:

Right to Leave STOP is performed, following are the details
Reason Code: Customer did not take steps to diagnose issue
14 days passed and pending action on customer side was not performed. So closing the open flag, customer is emailed.

Is the engineer still booked to come? I don't understand why this was still closed.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @dfects

From what we can see this is resolved now?

Let us know if this isn't the case

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dfects
Grafter

Hiya @MatthewWheeler , yes thanks for checking in... engineer was great. Our line was suffering a lot of cross talk but he managed to find a fix that so far has given us speeds close to what we used to get. It has been connected for a couple of days now, fingers crossed it stays that way!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Thanks for getting back to us @dfects, we are happy to hear that the issue seems to be resolved.

Please get back to us if you have any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team