Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Thompson DG585 v7 firmware for PPPoE routed port 4

sfxdude
Grafter

Help! Thompson DG585 v7 firmware for PPPoE routed port 4

Hello!
We were one of the first customers on FTTC and so have a DG585v7 with some custom firmware to route the PPPoE to port 4 on the router (as supplied by PN at the time)
Been having a few problems with it recently (I put it down to age, it's been 5 years since we got it) so I tried a factory reset.
Didn't realise that a factory reset seems to reset the firmware also - the firmware type (that before read something like 'PPPoE routed to port 4') now just seems to read the standard PPPoA.
Can't get on the internet at all.
Does anyone have the firmware for this that is PPPoE routed to port 4? Or know of what to do? As far as I can tell the standard DG585v7 firmware does not work...
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Help! Thompson DG585 v7 firmware for PPPoE routed port 4

If you're lucky the firmware MAY have been modified by using a 'template'. Have you trieed using the setup wizard since the factory reset , that should give the option to select the pppoe via port 4 template , if it exists!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sfxdude
Grafter

Sadly, it's not.
However, let's just say I'm now very familiar with the telnet interface. Thanks to this forum post here: http://www.dieschmids.at/forum/4-fragen-zur-konfiguration/15557-pppoe-mit-thomson-tg-585-v7-firmware... I've managed to get the wifi working.
However can't seem to get things to connect to the internet via the wired ports 1 2 and 3. Any thompson telnet interface gurus about?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I tend to find it easier to dump the config to an ini file and then edit that ( and restore it ) to change the config.
So are you saying that Internet works from wifi but not the LAN ports? if so , sounds like the LAN ports are not attached to the internal 'bridge' in the router.
check the [bridge.ini] and [ip.ini] sections of the dumped config, they should look something like this
[ ip.ini ]
ifadd intf=LocalNetwork dest=bridge
ifconfig intf=loop mtu=65535 group=local symmetric=enabled
ifconfig intf=LocalNetwork mtu=1500 group=lan linksensing=disabled primary=enabled
ifattach intf=LocalNetwork
config forwarding=enabled redirects=enabled netbroadcasts=disabled ttl=64 fraglimit=64 defragmode=enabled addrcheck=dynamic mssclamping=enabled
config checkoptions=enabled
config natloopback=enabled
config arpclass=4
ipadd intf=LocalNetwork addr=10.0.0.138/24 addroute=enabled
ipadd intf=LocalNetwork addr=192.168.100.254/24 addroute=enabled
rtadd dst=255.255.255.255/32 gateway=127.0.0.1
[ bridge.ini ]
ifadd brname=bridge intf=ethport1 dest=ethif1 logging=disabled
ifadd brname=bridge intf=ethport2 dest=ethif2 logging=disabled
ifadd brname=bridge intf=ethport3 dest=ethif3 logging=disabled
ifadd brname=bridge intf=WLAN dest=wlif1 logging=disabled
ifconfig brname=bridge intf=ethport1 wan=disabled logging=disabled
ifconfig brname=bridge intf=ethport2 wan=disabled logging=disabled
ifconfig brname=bridge intf=ethport3 wan=disabled logging=disabled
ifconfig brname=bridge intf=ethport4 wan=disabled logging=disabled
ifconfig brname=bridge intf=WLAN wan=disabled logging=disabled
ifattach brname=bridge intf=ethport1 logging=disabled
ifattach brname=bridge intf=ethport2 logging=disabled
ifattach brname=bridge intf=ethport3 logging=disabled
ifattach brname=bridge intf=WLAN logging=disabled
config brname=bridge age=300 filter=no_WAN_broadcast vlan=disabled precedencemap=4,7,9,11,13,14,1

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sfxdude
Grafter

It was me being silly after all, had my laptop eth card metrics set wrong.
Thanks all, working again!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Don't forget to save the config. That way you can always restore it quickly if you have to reset again!