cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required - Connection Issues

JonnyB

Help Required - Connection Issues

Over the last few months, I have noticed that browsing the internet and connecting to games has become sporadic and unreliable.

This problem is with all PC's connected to the network. After double checking for viruses and malware, updating drivers, removing and reinstalling NIC's and replacing cables.. I contacted live support and they informed me that the router was most likely dying and needed replaced.

I have replaced my original Technicolor TG582n Plusnet Router with a brand new Technicolor TG589vac. However the problem persists.

I have found DNS lookups are incredibly slow, or fail sometimes when pinging from a command line.

Could this be a DNS problem?

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Help Required - Connection Issues

On the TG582n there is an issue with DNS ( the resolution is shown here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Could-this-be-a-faulty-TG-582n/m-p/1297672#M33033 )

It might be the same on the TG589, worth a look and assuming you still have the TG582n, you could try it on that device first.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JonnyB

My TG589 (new one) does not have telnet, thus cannot try this solution. I have tried the solutions linked for the TG582n and they were unsuccessful.

Can anyone help me, using my new router to get this resolved? This problem came suddenly and without anything being changed on my end.

B33Dee
Dabbler

Just arrived here as I am having issues myself. Relatively new to +net after moving from BT and expecting it to just be exactly the same (oh how wrong I was).

TG-86S router. Until tonight things have been OK but now I can't connect to any game servers in multiple games. I can see them and see users in them, but can't connect, like a DNS issue or something. Really annoying. Hope it is only temporary.