Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Parent fibre failed - no PPP connection

ianfretwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Help! Parent fibre failed - no PPP connection

Hi,

Hoping somebody from plusnet might spot this and be able to offer some assistance maybe...

Parents broadband (account: dfretwell) failed this morning. They know that Openreach were working in their cab around the same time (always a clue that!...)

Internet hasn't worked since. A 1 hour call to plusnet has achieved nothing except losing all the config on the router by factory resetting it. Went round to see them (taking a BT Business Hub 5 to check things out that way).  Exact same fault shown by both routers - they appear to be 'connected' to the Exchange but unable to gain a PPP connection.

The call operator apparently went through the usual checks, etc. Then the usual warning that if BT came out and checked and found no fault there would be a £60 charge.  BUT - if the connection to the Exchange is actually up, then the PPP element is at PlusNet's end isn't it?

Any suggestions from anyone ?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Help! Parent fibre failed - no PPP connection

And somebody from Plusnet is here.

I'm really sorry to hear that your parents aren't able to connect to the internet.

From testing their broadband, it looks like the router is in sync to the exchange but isn't authenticating. Looks like we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. I've some good news, that there's engineer availability for tomorrow, if they're around.

To arrange it, we'll need to speak with the account holder. I'll be happy to give them a call today.

Just got off the phone with your father, I think it was. Engineer's all booked in for tomorrow morning.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ianfretwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi, yes, thats right - called me to say that an engineer was booked.

Many thanks for arranging that - much appreciated!!

Ian

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No probs, *fingers crossed* all sorted for Xmas Day.

Feel free to let me know if there are any problems, and I'll pick this back up on Boxing Day.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button