cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to reboot hub one

Powellranger
Dabbler

Having to reboot hub one

Since having fibre my speeds keep dropping to around half of what I can get (75mbps to 38-40mbps). This is resolved by restring the hub one where instantly upon reconnecting I'm back up to the speeds I pay for. Surly I shouldn't have to rebbot the router on almost a daily basis?
Could a staff member look into this for me
7 REPLIES 7
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Having to reboot hub one

Just a thought but is this a wireless issue or is your connection wired? If you're using wireless it might be worth trying a different channel.
My thinking is rebooting the Hub One will cause it to select the best channel at that time but that can change with current congestion and how far away you are from the hub.
Generally to keep rebooting the hub is not a good thing as DLM will think your VDSL connection is dropping out a lot and so in unstable and so it will intervene and start lowering your synch speed etc.
Powellranger
Dabbler

I've just done a wired test on the laptop and I'm getting the speeds I want.
Logged into the hub one and completed tests over several differ channels and saw little if any improvement.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Have you tried switching off the smart wi-fi feature and giving the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks separate SSIDs?
Powellranger
Dabbler

i havent. I did switch off the 5ghz signal and do a test on 2.4ghz only and there was no change.
I can guarantee that if I reboot th router it'll shoot back up to 70+Mbps but like is stated before this will cause slower speeds over time
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Is your wireless device actually using the 5 GHz band?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Try downloading a WiFi analyser such as 'inSSIDer' and you can set your router to the best channel.
Powellranger
Dabbler

If smart wireless is enable then yes my iPhone dies switch to the 5ghz signal when within range.
Ill look at downloading that program