cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you capped my download speed

2010dsc
Grafter

Have you capped my download speed

My current line speed has been reduced to 25 Mb.  Why?  I have noticed this at the same time as you telling me my download speeds are to increase.  Also, why is the upload speed to decrease to 9.4 Mb?

David

8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Have you capped my download speed

We're not capping your speed, however I've just tested your line and it is only in sync at 26Mbps. It may be worth raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate that further for you.

In regards to the drop in upload speed, for a period of time, we offered a package with 40Mbps download 20Mbps upload. However this isn't something we can provision at a wholesale level. Our current fibre packages offers 40/2 on the lower package and 80/20 on the higher package. For the customers still on a 40/20 service we are changing the provisioned service to 55/10 as this is something we can order on a wholesale level. I appreciate it's not ideal that the upload speed is dropping, however the alternative would be to put the 40/20 customers in line with the current lower fibre package at 40/2.

For what it's worth the top end of the upload estimate on your line is 10.1Mbps and it will be provisioned on 10Mbps upload, so it should affect you much at all.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
2010dsc
Grafter

Thanks for the swift reply.  What speeds could I expect if I went for fibre extra.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I wouldn't advise it to be honest.

http://dslchecker.bt.com shows the top end estimates of 46.6Mbps down and 10.1Mbps up for your line, with the bottom end estimates being 33.1Mbps down and 6.8Mbps up.

When you're moved from 40/20 to 55/10 in line with the upcoming changes, you will either get slightly more download, with seeing very little change in upload, or you will see no change.

Trying to move from 55/10 to 80/20 likely wouldn't give you any change at all as your estimates are already below/fractionally higher than the new provisioned speeds of 55/10.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
2010dsc
Grafter

Up to this happening I was getting download of 37 ish and uploads between 12 and 15 Mbps

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No changes have been made to your connection yet. However as your speeds have dropped below the estimate for your line, I'd recommend raising it with our faults team for further investigation at http://faults.plus.net

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
2010dsc
Grafter

Have raised it with faults team.  Thanks for your help.

David

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I hope that's resolved swiftly for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
2010dsc
Grafter

Could you please let me know what is happening with the speed issue as I have not heard from you since 12:51pm on Friday.