cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to sign in everyday to connect to the internet.

luke1875
Hooked

Have to sign in everyday to connect to the internet.

I am having an issue with my internet connection.

I moved to Plusnet just over a month ago and followed the setup instruction, within a couple minutes I was connected to the internet. I was using the the internet late into the evening without any problems and the connection was stable.

However, in the morning I tried to go online and I was prompted to re-enter my password to connect. The blue light was showing on the hub so I filled out my password and it connected straight away.

Over a month later and each morning I have to re-enter my password to gain access to the internet, at some point throughout the night my connection disconnects.

Surely this can't be normal, I've never had to do this with other ISP.

Does anyone know why this is happening or if this is normal for Plusnet?

Thanks

I have the Plusnet One Hub, it is connect to the main socket via the ADSL filter.

17 REPLIES 17
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Have to sign in everyday.

If I remember correctly, there should be a little tick-box with 'Keep me signed in' or 'remember me on this computer' or something else similar to that. Make sure there is a tick in the box.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
luke1875
Hooked

Hi Pete, thanks for the quick response.

I'm not sure if we are on the same wavelength.

Are you saying the is a tick box I have to check to keep me connected to the internet or to keep me signed into my Plusnet account?

My issue is my internet connection won't stay connected for longer than 24 hours.

Thanks

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Is the Hub light blue before you enter your password to connect again?
luke1875
Hooked

Hi Browni

Yes the light is always blue. Both my phone and laptop show that there is a full wifi signal but if I try and access a webpage I am redirected to the Hub manager page and have to sign in,

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Strange, the blue light indicates it is connected ok.

When you get taken to the Hub Manager page does it display setup@plusdl.net or yourusername@plusdsl.net?

luke1875
Hooked

First I have to enter my admin password and then it takes me to myusername@plusdsl.net

Browni
Aspiring Hero

After you've put the admin password in is the status connected or disconnected?
luke1875
Hooked

Sorry I was wrong, each morning my hub is showing an orange light and the b sign.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Have to sign in everyday to connect to the internet.

Hi there,

Your connection does seem to be dropping at precisely the same time every morning...

Your router is also in sync below your estimates...

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 34.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps

I'm not identifying the cause of the above though...

Voice Line Test Result Pass

It could be down to electrical interference.

Do you have any devices near your router that are on a timer? For example, a boiler.

If not, I'd recommend making sure you're in the master socket as explained here and reporting the fault to us here if the problem persists. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Browni
Aspiring Hero

@Gandalf could this be related to the problem that @Chris describes here?

luke1875
Hooked

There aren't any electrical items near my router and the boiler is turned off, the only interference I can think of is that it could be my next door neighbour.

I have done a factor reset on my router so i'll have to weight till the morning to see if that has resolved the issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Browni wrote:

@Gandalf could this be related to the problem that @Chris describes here?

Nope, the account is active.

@luke1875 wrote:

There aren't any electrical items near my router and the boiler is turned off, the only interference I can think of is that it could be my next door neighbour.

I have done a factor reset on my router so i'll have to weight till the morning to see if that has resolved the issue.

Keep us updated.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
luke1875
Hooked

No joy i'm afraid, resetting the router didn't work.

The disconnection time changed though. It disconnected sometime between 10-12pm and after reconnecting last night it has stayed connected so far. No doubt it will disconnect between 10-12 again.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Gandalf,

Are there not two distinct issues here...

1. What is the cause of the 6am disconnect?  The OP will need to look for that
  2. Why is the user being prompted for their password on reconnection?

Is the latter anything to do with something similar to the TG582n's "Web Browsing Interception" feature?

When set to Enabled, the Technicolor Gateway checks the Internet connectivity (and address-based filtering rules if applicable) for each server request. When applicable, e.g. Internet connection is lost, the Technicolor Gateway intercepts the server request and displays a message.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.