cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to reboot modem every morning

FHF

Have to reboot modem every morning

Hi there -

I switched to Plusnet a week ago and got my network configured how I wanted it three days ago. I am using a Vigor 130 modem in bridge mode with a Watchguard Firebox T10 behind it doing the routing. The speed is not good but I'm hoping that will improve as things settled down. However, each morning so far I've had no connection and have needed to reboot the Vigor modem to restore it.  Anyone got any ideas what might be causing this?

FHF

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Have to reboot modem every morning

Welcome to the community forums @FHF

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Do you use a wireless or wired connection, and would you be able to try the modem router we sent you?

This would help us narrow down where the problem lies.

Thanks

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FHF

Hi Gandalf -

I am using a wireless connection.  Since yesterday I have replaced my rather aged Netgear WAP with a new TP-Link one.  No problems with the connection since so it seems it may have been the WAP causing the problem. I'm not sure why it required a modem re-boot to get the connection back but that's not really worth worrying about now it's working!  I'll post again in a few days when I know it is stable.

Thanks

FHF

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi FHF.

Glad to hear your connection is working now.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet