Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware/Speed Query

oddbin
Hooked

Hardware/Speed Query

Hi

I had FTTC installed a little over three weeks ago and in that time the sync speed started up at 52/12 and has steadily dropped to 42/9 whenever the router has been restarted or it's updated over night. Now initially I was mucking about with filtered faceplates and removing the extension connections so that I could get the best I could get so I'm sure the cabinet thought something was up and dropped me to 38/8 for a couple days. 

So with that in mind would you say it's worth changing out the one hub for a draytek 130 to use alongside my Netgear R8000 or is this just the speeds I'm going to be on from now on and the initial speeds were a distant memory? I'm connected to the main socket in the house and my cabinet a Huawei one is 600-650m away by the route it takes.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Hardware/Speed Query

Hello,

Sounds like the restarts and mucking about with things has caused DLM to intervene and reduce speed thinking the line has a fault to make it stable.

I'd leave any router attached and do not reboot, DLM will then revert the changes it's made and speed should return to normal. This can take days to weeks
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
oddbin
Hooked

I had thought that I might have done something to upset it. I'll hold off and leave it in peace for a while.

Thanks for replying, stopped me from chimpanzee-ing about more.

Edit: not sure why another symian name was censored....
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

The more you played with it, lower speed would have got. Wait till it's restored, leave it 7days after and then play again.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up