cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had faulty router/modem which caused DLM to kick in so now syncing lower, how to fix it?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Had faulty router/modem which caused DLM to kick in so now syncing lower, how to fix it?

Unfortunately, ISPs cannot reset the DLM on FTTC like they can on ADSL. If an Openreach engineer were visiting, for a broadband task, then they could reset it. Waiting for the DLM to automatically make changes that increase the speed could be weeks or months.

Have you been moved to Plusnet's new network yet? That seems to have a side effect of resetting things, but it might be a while before their new network gets to the node your connection goes through.

hugoq
Dabbler

Re: Had faulty router/modem which caused DLM to kick in so now syncing lower, how to fix it?

No idea, but I did find out after a bit of research that, my cabinet has changed, and it looks like this may have been what caused my old Modem/Router to become unstable. Now this could be total coincidence.

Well this sucks, so I'm basically capped at the moment by 11Mb then. Sad Oh well I guess the only way would be to change ISP, with prices rising on Plusnet side this might be my only way it seems. 

hugoq
Dabbler

Just an update.

So a few moment ago my internet went down and I thought "Oh no!" but when It came backup my sync speed was higher and interleave was off. I thought awesome. But unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with my connection now.

Having some issues with YouTube and streaming apps on my shield that is connected via cable to my router and I've run a few various speed test on BT Wholesale and I'm getting high ping and speed lower than 64Mb.

Not sure what is going on here.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

What does the BT Wholesale further diagnostic say that's what matters

also what does your Plusnet speed profile say it should be pretty much the same as the BTw one

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

hugoq
Dabbler

Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.Current line speed:66.8 Mb

I've attached the further diagnostics page screenshot.

If anyone can make sense of it for me it would be great. Wink

Thanks

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Your Plusnet Connection profile is lower than it should be at  66.8 Mb   your BTw Profile is at 72.24

As i said the Plusnet profile needs to match the BTw one , you can get someone on online chat to do that for you once done just Reboot the router. 

hugoq
Dabbler

Well my connection just went down and I'm now synced at 79987 Kbps, whooo I thought, but still only get same speed test result. So I need someone tomorrow at Plus.Net to change my profile.

highpriest
Dabbler

Excellent result! You are lucky, mine never went back up on its own. It was constantly syncing at 74000 (BTW profile of 71.55), even after a month. Only a switch of ISP (BT to Plus) cleared the banding applied to my line.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@hugoq wrote:

So I need someone tomorrow at Plus.Net to change my profile.

Looks like the speed delta reports had updated the profile on our side to 77.4Mbps in the early hours of this morning, but to save you from waiting for the next delta report I've bumped that up for you Thumbs_Up

You may need to disconnect/reconnect for this to update on your side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet