Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough.

Stringwalker
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Had enough.

This is my third year with plusnet but it seems loyalty is for suckers as my fibre speed has become constantly worse and worse to the point it now becomes unusable and I've had enough.

Even at 10pm at night it hangs around 10 mbps, during peak hours I can't even watch youtube without constant buffering, Netflix thumbs won't even load, gaming lag is terrible.

I've given it six months with no change, and before I'm asked what device I'm using it's all, pc, phone, console, roku, so please don't ask me to run a speed test with a windows pc with a ethernet cable, tried it for over six months.

Need this sorted out for good, not short term, or a refund, next stop is the ombudsman if not.
7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Had enough.

Hi @Stringwalker, I am sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

I have tested your line today but no faults have been detected; we are seeing a sync speed of 70.5mb and a check of your VLAN shows no signs of any congestion.

I cannot see that a fault has been previously logged with us and so if this issue is also impacting your wired connections, would advise firstly having a run through our troubleshooting here and getting connected to the test socket for the time being as shown here.

If the issue then persists, please log a fault here and we'll investigate this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Stringwalker
Rising Star

I don't mean to sound to uncooperative but I have a openreach engineer living next door, throughput your end is meaningless to what I actually receive, it depends on line rate and IP profile management.

Tested through test socket, same slow speeds, please can you find out when my contract will end as by law plusnet must now inform me, I can't find it under my plusnet account but by the start date it seems to have ended already.

My communication preference has always been set to email but I have not received any mail about this, I haven't had the time to call due to long wait times etc, I don't want to leave but I will have no choice.
Stringwalker
Rising Star

And your online chat never works.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me; the sync speed is indicative of the speed we are seeing getting down the line, we can't test throughput this side I'm afraid and so rely on your wired speed test results to indicate what you are seeing your end.

There are no issues with your profile (otherwise we would see a banded sync speed) and the IP profile is also correct. All checks this side indicate no issues and therefore if you have completed the troubleshooting steps would advise raising the fault with the link provided so we can progress this further for you.

I have provided your contract end date on the account here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Stringwalker wrote:
And your online chat never works.

Because they have closed it!

Stringwalker
Rising Star

"Because they have closed it!"

Then why not remove this option from your contact us section!!!

I've genuinely had enough, it seems this is some kind of scam, every time I post about my speed issues on the forum my speed magically goes back up.

This has been a problem on and off for over a year, it's the unreliability of your service and the poor speeds that have made me not to renew my contract as I feel I've haven't received the guaranteed minimal speed in my contract that I've paid for.

I will be contacting Ofcom about this.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Stringwalker,

We’re prioritising answering customer calls and have decided to close live chat. Customers can now speak to one of our UK based call centres faster than ever, with most calls now being answered in under a minute. We appreciate that some customers can’t call or prefer to contact us online so we’re happy to support through our social help on Facebook and Twitter & of course our Community forum.

With all due respect we've not had any communications surrounding a fault raised on your account this past year or so, as we don't proactively check every customers account we'd only know if there is an issue present when you get in touch. I can see you got in touch on the help boards last year regarding your access control for which we provided a new router.

My colleague has taken ownership of this issue for you and provided the necessary steps to start investigating this issue for you, please provide the requested details/actions @LaurenB has requested and we can go from there. 

As an aside Ofcom are the regulator and so cannot provide support with individual complaints, for more information on how we handle our complaints please check this out.

Thanks.