cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had an engineer visist. Still no internet

judithost
Hooked

Had an engineer visist. Still no internet

I got an ethernet connection to a laptop briefly but that went down within an hour.  Can't get any kind of connection, ethernet or wifi.  Relying on mobile hotspot which is not stable.  No idea what to do next.  

Had case open but can no longer find my way to it.  Assume it has been closed.  Need clear instructions.

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Had an engineer visist. Still no internet

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @judithost,

I'm sorry to hear that you still have no connection following the engineer visit. It looks like you've closed the fault ticket via the member centre by mistake, I've reopened this now for you.

From the engineer notes it appears that the modem that's connected to your router is the root cause of this problem. If possible, please can you take a photo of your router set up and add it to this thread so that we can determine the best next steps towards resolving this issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Gel wrote:
Have you called in?
Or try CHAT;
https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

There has been no Chat facility for some months, though one wouldn't know from perusing the Plusnet site.  😠

See this thread .

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
judithost
Hooked

Got a call telling me how to get modem to talk to plusnet because I had replaced the modem and router with a combined unit not from plusnet in the course of trying to work out which bit had failed.  Had got as far as it was modem or incoming signal. Now all working again.  Whew!  Thanks for help.  

Needed: idiots guide for old foggies to use.  

Piece of advice number 1:  Get a powerful magnifying glass. Using phone to take pictures of tiny text in only works if lines of text are short.  Transcribe instructions into reasonable sized font that you can see and refer to while fiddling with it all. 

Judith