cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a low sync event, seems profile is stuck on your (plusnet) end.

FIXED
am77
Grafter

Had a low sync event, seems profile is stuck on your (plusnet) end.

Noticed whilst downloading a patch for a game on Steam last night (around 10pm) that my download was only around 1.8MB/s when I'm usually achieving 4.7MB/s on downloads (38Mb download sync is usual for this connection), logged into my router / modem and spotted that I'd had a low sync event at some point.

I disconnected and restarted the router / modem and immediately re-synced at nearer to my usual speeds (39999 / 7800ish), kept using the computer and tried a few speedtests now and again up to 2am when I eventually went to bed. 

At midday I thought I'd check to see if the profile was unstuck, but sadly it was still stuck at 1.8MB/s on speedtests, so disconnected and turned of the router / modem for over 35mins.  Reconnected and profile is still stuck.  

This is the first time that I've had a stuck profile, so it's not a regular occurrence for this connection thankfully.  So will it clear itself eventually or does it need a kick?  

Many thanks for the help Smiley 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Had a low sync event, seems profile is stuck on your (plusnet) end.

Leave this with me, I'll post back shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Fix

The profile on our side increase around an hour ago. Can you try a disconnect/reconnect and you should be back to normal speeds.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
am77
Grafter

Thanks! that has done the trick Smiley

So what is the usual time frame for the profile to update itself? I thought / guessed that it might be done on an hourly basis or does it only check once in a 24hr period?  I remember how annoying it used to be having to wait 3days + after a low sync event on ADSL for it to 'recover' when I was under BT / Zen..  Cheesy

Chris
Legend

On fibre it can happen within minutes, or weeks 😕 It depends on what the DLM judges your line to be capable of.

am77
Grafter

It was more of a question of when the 'plusnet profiles' updated rather than the in cabinet DLM, (yeah, I probably wasn't clear enough in the previous post) but still that's useful information anyway.  Smiley  Thanks for the help