cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had Enough

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Had Enough

Looking at your screenshot, if Line 11 is reset after the resync you have transferred 204GB in around 10 hours. This equates to around 20GB or 160Gb per hour. Dividing this by 3600 gives us a continuous data flow of 44Mb/s for a solid 10 hours. If you are only seeing 5-15Mbps either line 11 is not resetting or something else is using your bandwidth.

It might be worth recording this data then repeating after say an hour to see what the actual changes in data received/sent per hour is doing as this could be a massive red herring.

Apart from that you do not say whether you have done a speed test with a wired connection. If that is OK then there is no point in complaining about low wireless speed.

In the past I have struggled with both wireless and powerline converters. In the end I took the hit and installed a Cat5 ethernet cable. I now get full bandwidth with no issues.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I think line 11 is only reset when you power cycle the router and not when the line drops

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Ah, so it is a Red Herring.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

GerJ11

Really appreciate you all spending time trying to help. Is there any suggestions you have following on from what's been discussed?

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Just my two pennies worth. But as pointed out earlier by others, ideally you should run speed tests with a wired connection direct to the Hub One when you are witnessing slow speeds with your wifi connections.  From one of your old posts, your hub was achieving line sync of 76 mbps down and 18 mbps up.

If your wired speeds are fine, then turn attention to trying to resolving the wireless issues.

What model Sky router were you previously using?

If it was an old SR101 or SR102 hub which only offer 2.4 GHz wifi, I think they can be converted into a simple wireless access point by disabling the DHCP server on the sky hub.  If I am correct, you could then subsequently wire it to Hub One, and turn off the 2.4 GHz wifi on Hub One.   The resulting Hub One/Sky hub combination should then mimic the wireless setup when you were previously with Sky broadband.  You can then compare wifi performance served by the Sky hub to recent Hub One 2.4 GHz wifi performance.

ps. minimum guaranteed speed only applies to wired ethernet connections. No ISP will make any guarantee for wireless speeds.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-