cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had Enough

GerJ11

Had Enough

Had enough now of this!! Signed up with a guaranteed broadband speed of 46Mbps. This is not the case at all. I have logged it with Plusnet, they don't seem arsed about it. Keep getting a 'we have checked and see no fault with the connection'

Can anyone advise who I make an official complaint? As I am paying £30 a month for less than 5mbps!!!!

I left Sky because of the guaranteed fibre speed. What a big mistake.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Had Enough

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Although, as you have given no information about what your problems are, you may want to get some practise, as any complaint will surely want that too.

So some basics, how are you testing, wired or wifi? What are your connection speeds? Are you able to log into the router and post the basic connection info on the Helpdesk tab?

GerJ11

Thanks to you both for your reply.

I am testing over wifi (My Mac doesn't have an ethernet port). I am experiencing very low speeds, I was promised between 35 and 46mbps. But I rarely get this, I am more like 5-15mbps. I am able to log into the router, I have included a pic (If this is what you meant?)

Just really annoyed, as everytime I try to speak to Plusnet I get fobed off with the fact that they don't see an issue with the line. Which is great in one way - but doesn't help the reality of the issue. I have googled every possible solution to improve the situation.......but when you can't stream Netflix or Amazon tv after transferring to Fibre it's stupid!.

Thanks again for your replies.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

That looks to show you are syncing at a decent speed.  You also look to have transferred quite a bit of data in 10 hours (if the counter shown in 11 is reset when the connection drops.  I can't remember if it does or not, but I'm sure someone else could confirm).  If it does, is it possible that someone/something else is using your connection.  That could cause you to see speed tests showing lower speeds.

The other thing worth looking at is your wifi.  Where is your router in relation to your Mac?  It could also be that there are other wifi access points using the same channels, so you'll be seeing congestion on there.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

So your screenshot shows you have a really good connection, which is why support is not helping too much. Your issue appears to be your wifi, which at best is always going to be unpredictable.

There is lots of good advice across on the help section, but a wifi analyser will help show other signals in your area, pick the least congested and change the channels on your router. Also if you have the Hub 1, add a 5 to the 5Ghz SSID and untick the sync with the 2.4Ghz channels. 

BrokenFibre
Dabbler

OSX has a built in wifi analyser.  Hold option and click wifi in the menu bar, select 'Open Wireless Diagnostics', click window in the menu bar, click scan, click scan now.  find the least congested channel and change it to this in your router settings.

GerJ11

Thanks for your help I will give these a go and see what happens.......

JasonMassey
Grafter

According to your screen shot your modem is syncing at almost maximum download and upload speeds - how I wish I had those sync speeds!

It has to be your Wi-Fi, but to confirm can't you borrow a laptop and plug this directly into the router? 

slg

I have similar problems, with buffering issues on netflix, and very slow internet browsing.  I have taken all the measures you advised here, and still experiencing problems. I am not techie, and need simple help with no jargon. Plusnet technical claim 'no fault'.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having problems @slg

Are you having speed issues using a wired connection as well as wireless?

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GerJ11

Both!

Not had the minimum guaranteed speed for over a month now. Tried everything, the speed and signal also dies down at night to the point where I can't stream Netflix or Amazon TV. Sky was slow, but at the moment I regret changing from them.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Are you still using a Wifi Connection?

Unless your sync speed has dropped from your previous screen shot the problem is very likely to be at your end.

There are several things to try - including separating the SSIDs for the two WifI APs on the Hub one.

GerJ11

Thanks for the reply

Yes still using WiFi connection.

I have separated the SSIDs for the two WiFi AP's and googled countless times on how to improve, and nothing works. What I find strange is that with Sky it all worked fine, ok speeds (wasn't on fibre with them) and good coverage. Changed to Plusnet and having issues. Doesn't make sense. I can't keep plugging into the router just to get the best speeds as it defies the point of having WiFI....

At a bit of a loose end on what to do now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Have you tried changing the wireless channel?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet