cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB2 with another ISP

liddle332

HUB2 with another ISP

Hello,

So I am currently with plusnet but getting pine media fibre connection to my premisses. I know the plusnet HUB 2 is capable of 1GB internet. However I am wondering if anyone knows if I can use this router with another ISP that is not plusnet? Thanks
Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: HUB2 with another ISP

I would imagine it will work with other BT owned ISPs so BT, PlusNet and EE but no others.
liddle332

From what I can see it supports PPOE and there is a section in hub settings where I can log in with another ISP
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

On all previous routers it was validated the username and refused to save user@domain.com for anything other than BT owned ISP domains. I don't have a Hub 2 - why not try it out you can always put it back to your PlusNet username and password.
liddle332

Not have it installed yet you see so was trying to see if I need another router.

Thanks
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The Hub Two is domain locked to BT Group ISP's as alluded to by previous posters. If Pine is dependent on PPPoE username authentication then it's unlikely to work.

Not going to lie, I'm more curious how you've managed to obtain a Hub Two and move to another provider without landing yourself with some hefty early contract termination charges HuhWink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵