cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Printer is not connected anymore after change to Fibre

FreddyNoel2007

HP Printer is not connected anymore after change to Fibre

After getting Fibre, my HP Wi-Fi printer does not connect anymore while it worked perfectly well with ADSL broadband before. Online chats with 2 different PlusNet agents were confusing and did not sort it out.
Since I have received an OpenReach BT router, it seems that I cannot access the PlusNet system to add or remove devices on my network, as I used to do easily with ADSL PlusNet broadband before. I was told to link to BT home hub system but the link, http://bthomehub.home, does not work...
Can someone help me with the way to access the OpenReach router permissions to add the MAC reference of my printer and other devices, please ?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: HP Printer is not connected anymore after change to Fibre

Sounds like you are trying to get access to the OR modem, which you can't unless it has been hacked. The OR modem is just that, a modem. You need to plug the router that should also have been sent to you into the modem as there is no standalone modem/ router option from PlusNet.
Mark
FreddyNoel2007

Thank you Mark. Sorry for the late reply as I had been away.
Correct, I do have an OpenReach Router and a separate PlusNet.
The agents at PlusNet told me that I had to access the router as they could not help with my printer.
This is weird and I stil don't have a connected printer.
I was hoping that someone at PlusNet would have a solution since it seems that I do not have any option to add or remove any devices on their router address http://192.168.1.254
Well, will keep trying.
Best regards
FL
gswindale
Grafter

Hi,
Which HP printer is it?
With our Deskjet F4580; I had to use the USB connection to setup the new wireless connection on the printer following the change from an ADSL Modem/router to the new router supplied to work with the fibre modem.
It took me a few goes to get it sorted as I also had to remove all traces of the printer from my PC as well!