cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HH5

Craigsdad

HH5

I have a fibre and copper line to the house giving about 20meg/5meg connection speed which I am happy with Smiley not to keen on the technicolor router which is in use with the Openreach modem. Standard set up, I have bought a Home Hub 5 to what I thought would replace both items. Changed setting in HH5 to Plusnet no bother but can only get a connection if the Openreach modem in line!.i was under the impression that I didn't require the modem or am I missing something? Help!
4 REPLIES 4
Grezzer36
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: HH5

Yes HH5 will work without BT modem. Have you tried pressing reset button then entering your PN connection details? That might do the trick Smiley
Starmans
Grafter

Assume you've connected the cable from your NTE master socket into the back of the HH5? What colour lights are lit on the front?
Craigsdad

When 'fibre' was installed the guy fitted an adsl only facia plate, so the cable goes from that plate to the Openreach modem and from there to the Homehub, or do I need to change this back to a telephone socket and the use the supplied filters?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You need to connect a RJ11-RJ11 cable between the BT socket and the grey DSL port on the back of the hub. The red RJ45 port is for connecting to the external modem only.