Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG612 re-sync and loss of line speed

FIXED
artfulbodger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

HG612 re-sync and loss of line speed

Folks, recently we had our HG612 modem re-sync during the night with a slight corresponding loss in line speed. It'd been a rock solid 77.39 for over a year, and it's now 75.6. Nothing major, I know, and we can happily live with it. But I just wanted to make sure nothing was amiss in the modem following the re-sync. So I was wondering if anyone could take a look at the attached stats and give us an all clear? (I'm a little bit worried if interleaving or dlm has been applied?)

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: HG612 re-sync and loss of line speed

(I'm a little bit worried if interleaving or dlm has been applied?)

DLM is constantly monitoring the line and will make changes as it deems necessary.

I can't see any issues at all with the stats you've provided. How's your line performing?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
artfulbodger
Rising Star

Thanks, Chris. Line is performing fine. I'm not too worried about anything, but just wanted to make sure everything was working fine inside the modem after the re-sync.

To be honest, it's curious as to why the line speed's dropped following the re-sync, and not back up to the max 77.39 I had previously? I thought it might be some minor REIN interference? Also, I don't suppose there's any way to update the line profile from PN's end?

Cheers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There can be a number of reasons, REIN is one, more take-up at the cabinet, a change in line conditions (even temporary).

Unfortunately we can't change profiles from here, only an engineer can do so after they've made a fix following a fault investigation.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
artfulbodger
Rising Star

Thanks again, Chris. Any chance of my line being monitored from PN's end at all? Just to see if there is a change in conditions?

REIN and cross-talk I guess can only be assessed by an engineer?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

It's a bit late to start the monitoring after the conditions have already changed.

You could do you own monitoring with the DSLstats program and the MyDSLWebStats service.

Also, the FTTC GEA test results do give an indication of detected interference, and I think excessive levels of crosstalk.

artfulbodger
Rising Star

Thanks ejs. No worries, I'll leave things as they are and hope another re-sync sends things back to their optimal settings as before.

Although I have established the re-sync happened just after midnight on 16 Nov. Which is bizarre as no one was online at that time of night. No idea how the modem or line could've reset themselves like that?
artfulbodger
Rising Star

Fix

Just wanted to say my snr stabilized, and the line speed's gone back up to the usual 77mbps. Thanks to everyone for their advice on this forum.