cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG612 Modem Stats v 5.0 Full Release for Windows users

Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

HG612 Modem Stats v 5.0 Full Release for Windows users

As of 9th March 2015, completely updated HG612 Modem Stats programs are available for existing users via the system’s GUI.

The full system is available for new users or existing users wishing to completely refresh everything via the usual download site:-
http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html

If obtaining the zip file from FreewareFiles.com, click the blue “Download Now” button & choose one of the two “Download Locations for: HG612 Modem Stats 5.0” links
If setting the system up from the downloaded zip file, ensure “Expand folders” (or similar terminology) is enabled & unzip the files to the root folder of Drive C:\ for the various folders and files to be created in their default locations.
These default locations (and various default settings) can be changed by users if desired.

What’s new in Release 5.0 March 2015
=====================================
=========================================================================================
  NOTE:-
  Version 4.0 was never fully released as only various beta versions
  were released for testing purposes
=========================================================================================
*  Appears to work O.K. with Windows 10

*  Added support for connections where G.INP has been enabled
  The programs will operate as per usual until such time G.INP is enabled by BTOPenreach
  (on a phased basis starting February 2015)

As soon as G.INP has been enabled, the v 5 programs will detect & store the
  new/changed/additional data & generate individual graphs & montages of them accordingly
  This has been tested on HG612 modems only at this stage, due to the lack of any data
  from Billion and ZyXel modems (& any others that operate in a similar manner)

*  Added MydslWebStats web based support
  Once registered via the GUI link, users can now view their most important stats online
  from anywhere in the world

*  Various programming reliability improvements

*  Increased event/error data stored in log files (optional)

Storage of this extensive program troubleshooting data is switched ON by default

However, as the log files rapidly become huge,the options to store extensive
  error/event data can be switched OFF via the GUI & switched on again if there
  is ever a need to debug suspected program errors

*  LOS, LOF & LOM data now recorded & plotted in FULL__MONTY & individual ongoing graphs

*  Various improvements to the graphing displays, now also showing average error counts
  per minute, per hour, per day & total error counts for the graphed period in some of
  the graph title bars
11 REPLIES 11
snozski
Grafter

Re: HG612 Modem Stats v 5.0 Full Release for Windows users

Hey bald_eagle,  i tried using this but after i installed it avast started flagging everything on my system as a virus (malware_gen32.  on reboot it started putting all start up programs in the quarantine.  I;'ve no idea wtf happend but im 99% sure your program triggered it , was soon as i made a scheduled task.  Uninstalling avast and reinstalling it seems to have fixed it , but it scared the **** out of me. 
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Sorry about that, snozski.

Unfortunately, some versions of Avast do appear to get it wrong & falsely report potential virus/malware.

The issue has been reported to them but as yet, they apparently haven't done much about it.

There is a way to instruct Avast to allow/ignore selected programs, but as I use AVG, I'm not sure how to do that in Avast.

If anyone has concerns, the various programs can be submitted for checking to online virus checking sites such as virustotal.com:-
https://www.virustotal.com/uk/
snozski
Grafter

Ye never thought your program is a virus , avast is known to do some weird stuff,  but after using your program it started flagging everything on my system as a virus, skype.exe. chrome drivers allsorts of stuff,  was super weird,  I dunno what your program or the task scheduler changed on my system but it sent avast mental.
Ronski
Rising Star

That's very strange indeed, my Avast installation often complains about Upload.exe, and on the odd occasion a few other parts of the program. I always report these to Avast as false positives.
Our programs actually do very little to the system, nothing is installed to the registry, if you're running XP then JT.exe is copied to a folder in programs files, this allows the GUI to create and alter scheduled tasks. The only other thing it does is to create a scheduled task.
So I really can't see why it would have caused what happened.
buseng12
Grafter

I've just downloaded this, but after unzipping it & trying to run it McAfee quarantines one of the files as a trojan.
Even after restoring the file & disabling McAfee I still get an error about some files missing, as a result it won't let me update it  in help & about although it says updates are available.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: buseng12
I've just downloaded this, but after unzipping it & trying to run it McAfee quarantines one of the files as a trojan.

Which file is McAfee saying is the Trojan?
Even after restoring the file & disabling McAfee I still get an error about some files missing, as a result it won't let me update it  in help & about although it says updates are available.

A decent anti-virus program should have an option to either ignore or always allow specific files/programs.

I wrote the code for most of the programs & Ronski wrote the code for the others (GUI related).
I can assure you & also on Ronski's behalf assure you that none of our programs are trojans & if downloaded via the links in the official FreewareFiles.com site, do not contain any viruses.

It may be the case that you would also have to allow any updated programs in McAfee.

I use AVG Free 2015 which has no issues with the programs.
Does McAfee have an option to report programs as 'safe'?
If so, & if you can get past McAfee's false-positive detection, you could perhaps inform them that our programs are indeed safe.

If you are still uncertain, you could submit the individual programs for checking here:-
https://www.virustotal.com/uk/

The majority of AV programs are fine, but a few do wrongly consider HG612_Run.exe to have suspicious behaviour.
All that program does is to run the main data harvesting program (HG612_stats.exe) in the background each minute as per the Scheduled Task that is created when setting up the programs.

Nothing is installed in the Windows registry or anywhere else & the programs do not run as Windows 'services'.

buseng12
Grafter

It was this file,

HG612_Run.exe
Classed as Artemis 017EB74E99BA

I have now managed to exclude it in McAfee, however I an still getting these remarks when I try to open & use the programme.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

See the attached for the default folder locations.
If any of them are highlighted in yellow, it would suggest they have been extracted to non-default locations.

If that's the case, you have 2 options:-
1) Move the folders & their subfolders to the default locations or
2) Specify where they are now by using the Browse... button.
buseng12
Grafter

Thanks, I have sort of managed to do it.
I was unzipping to the desktop, whereas it seems it should of been directly on  "C" drive.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: buseng12
Thanks, I have sort of managed to do it.

Is it all running now & creating the snapshot (current) & ongoing graphs?
buseng12
Grafter

Can't tell as yet because I haven't actually "unlocked" my modem yet (HG612).
Will give it a go when I get it unlocked.