cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Upgraded to Fibre and DL speed not changed

nayfb

HELP!! Upgraded to Fibre and DL speed not changed

Hi there,
I have upgraded to Plusnets fibre package, and should be getting 80/20. (I understand there is a grace period you should wait (3 days so far) but the speed hasn't changed at all since the upgrade)
I have opened a ticket and all they seem to have done is run some tests on the line (which i already know is okay) and tell me it's fixed... when it simply is not, all they have done is line tests...  Angry
The DL speed from my regular package was around 6MBPS - after upgrading to fibre im getting the exact same, around 6MBPS... The line tests show i should be getting 80DL/20UL
The upload speed has sufficiently changed and im now getting 17MBPS UL... but the download just wont budge...
Does anybody know if there is something i've missed myself? Or why this could be happening.
This is with speed tests done via Ethernet and WIFI.
Thanks for reading and look forward to your comments.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: HELP!! Upgraded to Fibre and DL speed not changed

It looks like your most recent connection started *just* before the profile on our side started. I'd have expected our faults team to have noticed this and hopefully this should be a quick fix for you.
Can you log in to the router, hit disconnect, then connect.
Let me know how your speeds are looking then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nayfb

Hi Chris,
That's great thanks... I knew it was something simple as the speeds just hadn't budged... and seemed suspicious.
Thank you very much for your help, maybe you should be working in the faults department!!!!
All the best
Nathan
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No problem at all, thanks for getting back to me and letting me know that's sorted.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nayfb

Haha, beat me to my own ticket too.
Thanks again.