cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP New cabinet, first to order, now I'm at the back of the queue!

moarjin
Grafter

HELP New cabinet, first to order, now I'm at the back of the queue!

TL;DR
Don't bother asking for anyone to help you on here, or via a ticket, you won't get any.
Just take it like a man, ring support, sit on hold for hours and speak to a human. Then, and only then, you might get somewhere! 
  Tongue

-----

Been watching the engineers for months fitting the fttc stuff at the end of our road.
Literally an hour after fibre became available in our cab, I ordered.
Engineer came out, and found that none of the ports worked in the dslam, so couldn't do my fibre installation (this was on Friday).
Then an engineer was sent out on Monday to fix my allocated port, along with the first 40 ports. I know this, as I was talking to him as he did it (nice bloke incidentally).
That same Saturday afternoon, my neighbour, who ordered plusnet fibre a few hours after myself, had a successful install with no issues whatsoever. In fact, his speed it 75/19. Amazing!

So I KNOW there is no issue with my cabinet. Since my neighbour has plusnet fibre, plusnet KNOW there's nothing wrong with the cabinet. So where's my engineer?Huh
I was basically a guinea pig for the new cabinet, mow I'm left in the lurch! First to order, last to receive. And my worry is, the guy only fixed 40 ports, how long is the queue for an engineer, and am I now going to hit a capacity wall?
Not amused!
6 REPLIES 6
moarjin
Grafter

Re: New cabinet, first to order, now I'm at the back of the queue!

I still haven't actually heard anything from Plusnet. I tried the webchat, but the lady said I have to ring them. I did ring them on Friday, and they said I'd have a new appointment made for me once the cabinet is fixed, but I've not heard anything at all.
moarjin
Grafter

Re: New cabinet, first to order, now I'm at the back of the queue!

Right, I've tried ringing support several times last night, but the queues were ridiculous (over 30 minutes).
I rang this morning, was on hold for about 15 minutes, and spoke to a nice chap, but he said he couldn't help me, and had to put me through to provisioning?
After being on hold for a further 10 minutes, the battery in my house phone died (it's old).
Now I'm waiting for it to charge up again.

PLEASE, can't someone on here just escalate this so I can actually get a new engineer appointment?! I've had no emails or correspondence from BT openreach  or Plusnet, and I feel like I am just left in the lurch with no idea what's going on at all.
moarjin
Grafter

Re: HELP New cabinet, first to order, now I'm at the back of the queue!

Over 130 people have looked at this post, I assume at least one of them was from Plusnet.
Great "Help & Support" forum huh?
Anyway, I found some new aaa batteries and am now on hold again. Wait time is now over 30 minutes, and that's just to get to support, I'll be passed on to "provisioning" then, and be on hold for 30 minutes again. Hope the batteries last!
Funny thing is, the on-hold voice guy keeps telling me to try online support. I HAVE BEEN! Nobody can help me!! I've been told to ring!  Angry
moarjin
Grafter

As suspected, I'm right at the back of the queue for an engineer again.

Gotta wait 2 weeks..... AGAIN.
So about 5 weeks after I ordered it, i might get fibre actually installed. Being penalised for ordering first is not a good feeling.

And by the way, not a single support response during this whole thing. No emails. No texts. No responses to support tickets and no response from support staff here. Incredibly unimpressed with this whole situation. NO communication from ANYONE The only progress has been made by myself. I certainly hope I'm not charged for the time spent on the fekking telephone!!

I was told that an appointment would be made for me as soon as it's sorted. I'm wondering just how long it would've been for someone to actually do this if I'd left it. Would anyone have even bothered?
Thanks for NOTHING, support staff  Roll_eyes
moarjin
Grafter

I must be invisible! Other people are getting prompt responses from staff?!
Anyway, not that anyone will answer, but I assume I'll be refunded for the time I'm without fibre, since, as of Friday, my account was "upgraded" to Fibre Extra.

I look forward to NOT reading a response. Perhaps I should ring a human and sit on hold for a few more hours  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi moarjin,
Sorry to hear about this.
We're still replying to posts from yesterday so you're not being ignored or singled out.
I've reviewed your account and see that you've called in and a new appointment has been arranged.
Please post back if there's any further issues and we'll pick that up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team