cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed speed

stonesyuk

Guaranteed speed

After 3 months of slow speed and numerous engineer, visits i still have a problem.

SO Plusnet why have you lowered my guaranteed speed?

Is this a workaround to solve me slower speed?

I see this as a breach of contact

7 REPLIES 7
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Guaranteed speed

@stonesyuk what speeds are you getting and on your contract and what should it be?

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Welcome to the club

I raised a query  well over a week ago re a  similar issue  contract stipulated min Guaranteed speed  53.5mb however in my account  b/b min guaranteed speed is stated as 44.5mb  !!

So i'm trying to get and answer why has this changed without my agreement

I'm having issues with a faulty phone line ( which is being progressed)  resulting in my current sync speed being well below any guarantee- However as my curent contract ends in a couple of weeks  - I'm trying to get clarification as to what my min Speed going forward is likely to be (oiginally on 80/20 package and initial speeds fairly close to that - but a different story at present even excluding the line issue )   - But stoney silence so far

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@moansalot @stonesyuk  Yesterday, on this forum, @Gandalf said "If there are further issues, together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net."

So it looks like a Covid-19 related matter, that will be actioned at some time in the future Roll_eyes

moansalot
Rising Star

Leapy

Hi - As i believe i mentioned my phone issue is being processed by OR  ( a line fault under the pavement - a couple of houses away - awaiting permission to have the pavement dug up )  - I just hoping its rectified in next couple of weeks prior contract expiry  ( should I decide to jump ship - i dont really want to take a dodgy phone line to a new supplier.

My Main issue is the lack of clarification re current guaranteed min speed  and that substancially lower figure appearing in my account - and that Is definately NOT a covid ( lack of OR/Engineer issue )  I'm wanting clarifiation what Min Speed PN are gonna try and stick in my next contract

stonesyuk

At the moment im getting in the 40's mbs

2 months ago i raised the issue of slow speed and dropouts with Plusnet

I've had numerous engineers visit This has improved my speed to 40's mbps but i still have times with no internet.

I "signed" a contract with a guaranteed minimum  speed of 55 Mbps

Before I had the problems I was getting above the 55mbps

Now Plusnet without my knowledge has changed my Minimum Guaranteed Speed to 47.5Mbps

I think this is really underhanded and a breach of contract.I've been in touch with the ombudsman and they agree..

moansalot
Rising Star

Thanks mirrors my thoughts also  - but difficult to confirm until they respond to my question 😫

moansalot
Rising Star

Still waiting for a plusnet staffer to respond to my message re min contract speed  - now a week + later