Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grumble about DLM - specifically on upstream

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Grumble about DLM - specifically on upstream

In its wisdom the automatic system enabled G.INP on my upstream because of a lot of error seconds (I think it may have been weather related) which didn't bother me but had the benefit that my upstream sync increased to circa 10Mb/s but then a 2 days later removed it and the synch dropped to 8.5Mb/s with the result as shown on my Samknows Graph - why can't G.INP be enabled permanently

2016-08-20_163336.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Grumble about DLM - specifically on upstream

I admit to being very confused about G.INP - my router indicated it had been enabled last week for the first time since I switched to fibre in May, and certainly the error count has dropped dramatically since - but I had understood it was always enabled on Huawei/Broadcom cabinets such as mine anyway. Even more confusingly, I am shown as being on Fastpath for both up and downstream connections, which I assumed was incompatible with G.INP being applied. I do have to say that I lost about 2Mbps on my downstream speed after G.INP came on.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Grumble about DLM - specifically on upstream

Your understanding about G.INP being always enabled on Huawei/Broadcom cabinets was incorrect. It will be enabled and disabled as the DLM determines.

The figures displayed for Interleave Depth and INP are likely to be incorrect if G.INP is actually active. The Asus VDSL2 modems are well known to have all sorts of problems.