Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groundhog Day.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Groundhog Day.

After two previous OR visits where no problems were found, a new faceplate fitted (each time) and a line reset, the speeds returned to their expected. PN fault finder indicates a copper joint fault on each occasion. We're back to less than half download and a reduced upload. It's becoming tedious now!

BT test 18 March.jpg

40 REPLIES 40
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Groundhog Day.

Hi there, 

The line looks to have restabilised over the past day or so. I'd keep an eye on things for now and I can check in with you tomorrow and if we see things have remained stable at that point a DLM reset is likely to improve things for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks. I experienced a disconnect a few minutes ago and my speed are now 40 down and 9 up. That is checked by Ookla Speedtest and confirmed by a similar result from BT.

BT test 20 March.jpg

This is what happens - the connection is perfect for a while then deteriorates. OR visit, change the master socket faceplate and reset the line. All for a while then back to the above results. This never happened until the change from 40/10. From previous experience, the results above will not now improve at all.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm seeing even more disconnections logged so it would be a good idea to report a fault

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

Reporting a fault is pointless. OR will turn up unannounced, again, test the line, find no fault, renew the faceplate and reset the line.

BT test now shows further deterioration. All green! how does that work on a 80/20 connection? Do BT just change the goalposts to make it look good. Oookla Speedtest indicates similar result.

BT test 21 March.png

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The BT speedtester always adjusts its acceptable range depending on what speed your line is currently connected at. It's designed to compare throughput speed vs. sync speed, it's not intended to compare your sync speed with your estimated speeds.

newagetraveller
Pro

Whatever it's meant to do still doesn't alter the unacceptable resuts!

newagetraveller
Pro

And just for consistency, well worse actually, here's today's. Directly wired into test socket.

BT test 22 March 2018.jpg

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @newagetraveller

Appreciate the update. I'm sorry to see that your connection issues have continued.

Could you let us know how you'd like to proceed with this if you don't feel that raising a fault would be beneficial?

Given the drops you've experienced and the variation in speed, I'm in agreement with Adam that this would be the next logical step.

Thanks,

Dave

newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks for the input. I have raised a fault ticket (170999675).

However, if OR attend again, find nothing wrong and probably carry out a line reset, what's the next step when the same thing inevitably occurs again, i.e. Groundhog Day!?

Hub One is plugged into test socket via a microfilter. Same results both wired and wireless.

newagetraveller
Pro

Fault reported 22/02/2018. Not heard one thing since! Still stuck on same poor speeds.

bt test 27 march 18.png

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

I've just sent a response to the fault ticket on your account. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks Adam. I will respond in due course.

However, from a previous post, " if OR attend again, find nothing wrong and probably carry out a line reset, what's the next step when the same thing inevitably occurs again, i.e. Groundhog Day!?"

The only internal equipment is the Hub One plugged into the test socket via a microfilter. Also checked using a BT Smarthub 6 and no change other than being a better performing modem/router.Roll_eyes

newagetraveller
Pro

Still paying for Fibre Extra and no signs of an OR appointment yet.

bt test 30 march 2018.png

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @newagetraveller,

I'm sorry about the wait it took for us to get back in touch with you on this one. I've had a look into this issue today and the fault is currently progressing with Openreach for further investigation. I've updated the ticket on your member centre account and once we have any further updates we will update you again from there.

- Alex

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team