cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradual reduction in speed

mistuk

Gradual reduction in speed

I've been with PlusNet for a long time and I'm on your unlimited fibre extra product - when I first joined I used to enjoy a stable connection around 65-70 mb - now I'm getting around 50. Is there any way of getting back to the speeds I was once getting?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Gradual reduction in speed

Hello @mistuk,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

I'm sincerely sorry you've been having trouble with the speed of your service and I apologise for the frustration caused.

Just to confirm are you seeing those speeds over a wired or WiFi connection? I've ran a couple of remote testing today and the speeds are syncing at 57.6 Mbps which is over the MGS for your line and within estimates. 

We can of course look to try and increase these speeds for you, I've made some profile changes from this side & it should take affect within the next an hour or so.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

onlyme4
Dabbler

I had this and through a bit of experimentation managed to get my speed back. It was originally, around 74mb but kept dropping each couple of month until it was down to around 62mb. I pulled all the cables from the router, main phone box, then cleaned them all with contact cleaner and put it all back together, now I'm back up at 71mb and rising. I guess there must have been oxidisation on the contacts.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @onlyme4,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm not sure if that would be necessary or if there's any correlation however I understand the reasoning there. It's not something I would recommend or condone as there is a risk of causing injury or damaging the equipment.

If you experience a drop in speed in future, do let us know and we'd be happy to investigate it for you.

Thanks - LF