cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradual Speed Decrease over 15 months

Antw101

Gradual Speed Decrease over 15 months

Hi,

I'm posting here because there doesn't seem to be a way to open tickets with plusnet anymore.

My line speed has gradually fallen over the last 15 months and is now down to 30Mbps, currently on fibre extra and says i should receive between 30Mbps and 60 Mbps. However recently discovered huge amounts of corrosion on the telephone line extension socket and now just connected to the master socket with no corrosion. Ping has dropped but I cannot get the DLM reset or a line reset so I'm now stuck at 30Mbps. Is there anything that can be done? I have my own router and use a BT openreach modem.

I can post more data later when I am actually at home if required.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Gradual Speed Decrease over 15 months

Try raising a fault with Plusnet. They will probably ask you to try using a Plusnet router (if you have one).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Antw101,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to hear about the deterioration of your line and I apologise for the frustration caused. 

I've checked over the account today and it looks as if the profile is banded, as such I have now sent this across to be removed. It can take up to 48 hours for this to complete.

Once this has completed, we can then continue looking into any issues with your speed should they still be occurring.

Thanks.

Antw101

Hi @Mads,

Not seeing any change yet, is a router and modem reset required? Still seems capped at 30, not even seeing any fluctuation above that either. Not even sure anything has happened.

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Antw101

From what I can see the sync speeds increased to 55mbps but the IP profile on our supplier's side is still set to 32mbps which may be restricting your speeds.

I've passed this back to our suppliers for them to increase your profile and all being well this should go through within 24 hours.

Let us know if you haven't seen an increase by then

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team