Dabbler

Re: Got to love BT whole sale checker

somethink wrong in yours side, now speed is good:
3.12pm:
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You need to follow the correct procedure to get a fault raised and looked at, I'm not clear if you've done that, you haven't made that clear I'm afraid. You've now run the BT Tester again and there is a good result there, that means there is no BAD result for Plusnet faults team to see. They do NOT use data from this forum as a formal record (as much as we may like them to).
At risk of repeating myself, run the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Do this when you have very poor speed result and then leave the BTw tester alone with the bad result.
Run another tester if you want to check speeds such as http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/speedtest2.html  Make sure you have an open Fault at  http://faults.plus.net/
(In case you don't realise, the red underlined bits of text are links you can click on - also in my sig the red text are links, the first you can use (via login) to get to any open fault tickets.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
The fault was passed back to yourself on the 5th October with some information and advice on. At the moment we're not looking in to this issue as you haven't advised us that the issue is ongoing or whether you were able to follow up on the ticket advice.
if you're still having issues, please respond to the faults ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

What advice was given please Chris? If it was anything like try another router or PPPoE dialler then with all due respect,  if the connection is fine at off peak times then there is nothing wrong with the installation or equipment and someone needs to explain that to whoever is dealing with this ticket.
vicky1959
Grafter

Replied to info wanted, my partner who is a cab driver has had a few customers [gamers] that are experiencing same problems, none are with plusnet but BT, we went and got another router to try Archer C2 tplink,still same problems, what is annoying everything does look fine, web pages are slow to what they were,he has given up trying to game  till it gets sorted, incase your wondering heres his specs  2 x500gb ssds  2x R7 370  6 core amd 12gb ram watercooling, he reloaded everything  updated all drivers,but still playing BF4 all 4 latency boxes appear,he lags stutters like crazy so has become unplayable...on every server he tries,daughters comp doing the same
As for tests, hardwired everything but his comp running, last one did 3 did with all three on
Woldebog
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Hi there,
The fault was passed back to yourself on the 5th October with some information and advice on. At the moment we're not looking in to this issue as you haven't advised us that the issue is ongoing or whether you were able to follow up on the ticket advice.
if you're still having issues, please respond to the faults ticket.

Hi Chris,
I did submit for fault today as well.
Woldebog
Dabbler

My internet speed test at 19.57 :
Woldebog
Dabbler

I just very curios, why my internet speed change so much?
Anotherone
Champion

@Woldebog
Your speeds will most likely be changing so much because of the Capacity issue - I pointed you to the thread on that subject in reply #12 with a link (the red underlined bit, as I'm sure you know), have you looked at it, I see you haven't posted there?
Now, if I've understood you correctly, you've just submitted another fault ticket for the same fault. If so, having multiple fault tickets is not going to help and will only slow down getting to the bottom of this.
Have you replied to the existing Open fault ticket to which Chris is referring?
If you haven't, perhaps it's because you aren't sure how to find it - this is Plusnet's fault for messing about with access to the Ticket(Question) system earlier in the year. Use the link in my sig (repeated here) Open&Closed Tickets and login to get there and look at the Open Tickets and reply as appropriate. It would be nice to know what "information and advice" Plusnet have given you on that ticket.
@vicky1959
I wasn't sure where the best place to respond to you was as you have a couple of posts about your gaming and speed issues, but decided this was the best place as it's your thread.
Just a quick comment on your OP, I think you might have been confused between FTTP and FTTC. Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) is where a Fibre cable comes all the way to your house, not just the Cabinet.  Anyway, not directly relevant to the lag and speed issues you have.
I take from your reply #19 above that you have an open fault ticket. It would be nice to know what fault information you gave Plusnet on that ticket and what information they wanted and any advice (obviously leave out any directly personal information). This sort of problem is frustrating and sometimes Plusnet need pointing in the right direction! This is sometimes because it can be difficult to know what information to provide at the outset. But also let me ask if Plusnet have made any mention of checking the CVLAN from your Cab to exchange for Capacity issues, or the exchange and it's SVLAN?
What might also be helpful in analysis of what's going on, is setting up a TBB BQM. Your Router must be set to respond to pings for this. HTH.
vicky1959
Grafter

Was asked to provide following  which we did   The BT speed tester at http://http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ using the tester labelled: "ADSL & Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) Diagnostics". Only one test per hour can be completed.   also some results from  www.speedtest.net, as for  thinkbroad band tried the pin latency monitor other half has emailed them for Router as its not listed, he has opened the port to ping but it wont respond just continuous red block,even tried ungrading firmware on router to lastest no joy even rolled an old firmware back a yr no joy either,if it was just one pc playing then he would ssuspect fault could be there but daughters is affected to,even her xbox[not all at same time even though speed we have shouldnt affect it hence why we got fibre]....... basically  it has been same for them both play stutter lag,ie firefox opera open a page used to be ping there now its wait notice at bottom trying to connect to what ever the web page is
As for BT whole sale check if we run dianostic on phone number it comes back as no fibre to premises at this date,hence why we had to argue with BT sales yes we do have it try postcode which comes up as Fibre live,that was 2 yrs ago lol and still does it,really begining to think its an exchange issue,used to work for BT i know what there broadband is like most complaints were about it,was glad they split it  from 192 to be but through to a seperate division,he is off today and has also decided to get another router modem with built in VDSL[groan boys and there toys] incase it could be the BT modem at fault,as he put it good to have spares!   lol
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Ha, follow the boys and their toys and need of a spare comment, quite right too  Tongue
As for the BQM,  are you on a Fixed IP address? If not, everytime you lose PPP session - logout in the router, disconnect in the router, have a Current Line speed update which usually comes with a PPP drop, the your IP address will change and the BQM you set up is no longer working.
You can check your IP Address to see if it changes if you aren't sure (but don't post the address here).
If you aren't on a fixed IP address, then you'll need to go and disable or delete older BQMs and set up a new one everytime your IP address changes. This shouldn't be an issue if you otherwise have a stable connection (ie just the lag & speed issues).
PS. You'll have the mods on your tail if you keep doing Full Quotes of immediately preceeding posts (Forum Rules) Wink Just use the Reply button or Quick Reply box unless you want to part quote Smiley
As for the BTw tester you can run the first part of the test as often and frequently as you wish, the full diagnostics you can run every 10 minutes when I last checked but upto 3 per hour, BUT is is only the last test result that remains on the server that Plusnet can see, so make sure it's a poor one!