Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got to love BT whole sale checker

vicky1959
Grafter

Got to love BT whole sale checker

According to whole sale checker i should get
FTTC Range A [clean]  Down stream    80    high 73.4    low  Upstream  20 high 20 low
FTTC Range B[impacted]  Downstream  80 high  69.6 low  Upstream 20 high 19 low
What i do get is 51mb  16mb
Good bit diagnostic checker type in info get this Roll_eyes so according to BT i cannot get it ....only had it 18months!
No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test.

Have spoken to nice Openreach guy last week he hates coming to our Town,he has to travel 30 miles to get here to sort, as he put it " one bodged up fibre system"  Grin got to love his honesty
25 REPLIES 25
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Got to love BT whole sale checker

Why on earth are you complaining, you are getting better than 75% of the country, and more than plenty to run a medium sized business - do you really need more ?
Woldebog
Dabbler

viki1959,
you are have a very good internet speed  Shocked
See below the difference between what Plusnet see in they monitors, and what we have:
Woldebog
Dabbler

I send a lots of complains, Plus not solving at all, cos they see in they side, that speed is fine.
This is a history:
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It seems to me, not everyone appreciates the difference between throughput speeds from a speedtest and the connection speed (sync speed) to the Cab. It is the Connection/Sync speed that the BTw checker is referring to.
Poor throughput speed can be caused by a multitude of other problems.
If you want to know what speed you are connected to the Cab, run the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
The result will give you the BT IP Profile for the line - this is directly related to your sync speed and indicates the maximum throughput speed that you could get under ideal conditions.
Anotherone
Champion

@Woldebog
Unless you are on ADSL, which those upstream results suggest your are not, the "mybroadbandspeed" tester is not accurate. There is a clear warning of that fact before you run a test.
Use more reliable testers like the BTw one and check your profile as well, also the various TBB testers and Speedtest.net
Woldebog
Dabbler

@Anotherone
Basically I don't care what internet speed website to use. If speed will be at list 5mbps it is OK,but:
Slow is slow , problem with BTW speed test, is no time and date, no history, just speed. You can check it out:
Woldebog
Dabbler

Woldebog
Dabbler

usual answer is:

Anotherone
Champion

Hi again Woldebog.
I don't need to "check it out" I'm very familiar with the BTw test (and others). I'm afraid you are missing the point I was getting at, no doubt due to your extreme but justifiable annoyance at those abysmal results, and you clearly have a problem. I hope Plusnet are not telling you that you haven't!
The first point is that speed throughput results are not what the Wholesale Availability checker is referring to, but secondly, to correctly demonstrate a problem you need to use a reliable tester. You do also need to run that BTw test as above for two reasons which I'll go on to explain, but don't run the BTw tester again for now, that bad result will stay on the BTw Servers which is visible to Plusnet, so they will clearly be able to see your issue. It's only the last result that is visible, so if you were to run a good one subsequently, the bad one would not be visible.
OK, that was the first reason.The second is that the 2nd stage of the BTw test gives you your IP profiles which tell you something about your connection to the Cabinet on Fibre - no statistics are available from the locked modems, so this 2nd stage is important.
The results show you seem to be connected to the Cabinet fine, there is no issue with your connection speeds (just the throughput speed), you appear to be on the 40/10 product BUT the 40/2 package make also show the same Upstream profile as 40/10. Please confirm which package you are actually on.
So the problem is a serious throughput issue. I see you have used the Broadband Troubleshooter and have a fault raised. Have Plusnet responded to your fault ticket yet and if so, what have they said? (You can post ticket information, but not the agents names).
To start eliminating things from the possible causes - ie equipment, a fault at the Cabinet, exchange etc., some more information is needed.
Which Router are you using, is it the Plusnet 2704n? What are you using to run the speed tests - a PC, laptop, iPad etc?
Were you connected via Ethernet or Wirelessly? If Wirelessly, roughly how far were you from the Router?
Is this throughput problem there all the time, or only at peak times?
Can you check your Current Line speed (Login required) - don't post your phone number from the results.
If you post back with that information and any suggestions Plusnet have made, we ought to be able to help you further.
Woldebog
Dabbler

@Anotherone
Thanks for replay, problem is:
during day time speed is OK , about 34.72 mbps  and 9.71 for uploads, but now 22:50 speed is :
Woldebog
Dabbler

I am afraid that may be my router or wire line have been hacked. I have my antivirus software,plus maximum security in my  Plusnet broadband, they is acting normal. During the day speed is OK, but from 17.30- 18.00 it's drop down to 0.8, till 02.00 am at the morning . This is looks not very good, that give me think :  -  I have been cupped in my unlimited broadband, or I have been hacked by somebody who installed bags in my wire broadband, that not is visible to Plusnet hardware.
I need an engineer come and check it out. Problem is during the day speed is OK.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi again.  You have not been hacked!
As mentioned previously your connection speed to the Cab is fine, it looks as though it's max. speed for the product. The fact that your throughput speeds are fine in the day shows this to be yet another "Capacity" problem, see this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140851.0.html
As advised, leave a poor result on the BTw Performance Diagnostic Test and make sure your Fault ticket clearly states performance is OK in the daytime, but is extremely bad at peak times as shown by the results on the BTw Speedtest. Reject any suggestion that there isn't a problem.
I assume that you have an open fault ticket from your comment "I send a lots of complaints". If you haven't got one open, raise a speed fault one at http://faults.plus.net/ and where you are prompted to do some checks, say yes you have done them (as appropriate).
Woldebog
Dabbler

Thanks @Anotherone,
you are very helpfull, but I thinking in the end of my PlusNet fix agreement , I will go to Sky . They offer just 17 mbps, but at list  I will get 4-5 mbps during the day time. It is much better "38mbps" deal with PlusNet, what in reality I get  0.8 -1.5 mbps in day time.
Yes, I did send many complaints, to various sources of PlusNet , and so what? Nothing, zilch, I am living now from 4G O2 that much faster then "38 mbps UNLIMITED" . I lost my hope in PlusNet. Now I just waiting when my slavery agreement to PlusNet finish, and I will  to Sky.
Why I need to post , to improve my internet speed, when I have a agreement from PlusNet, that they will deliver 38 mbps ? They did not, I want my money back, or like most if us do: we quietly move for different provider.It is not fair for consumers, advertise 38 mbps, but we get just 0.8-1.6 mbps.
Woldebog
Dabbler