cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got no where after 5 hours

cazpro777
Grafter

Got no where after 5 hours

After spending 5 hours yesterday either held in a queue waiting to get through or talking to plusnet after 5 hours no help.
My client was a month late paying her bill as she was in hospital we rang over 5 hours yesterday card in hand ready to pay
Refused to take her payment or even to listen
Plusnet then cancelled her contact without warning
I explained 3 times this lady is extremely ill and disabled and needs the line active to use emergancy call pendants to alert emergancy services or myself and heart monitors which send information using phone line and broadband to hospital heart clinic all these she can and will prove
Was told we can't do anything even thro I showed bank statements and screenshots still wouldn't allow us to pay the outstanding bill
My client was and still is in tears
After pleading and begging we got told plusnet can take her as a new customer told to pay £71 which see had to pay then and there she now has £23 for food this week .. dispite the fact she has been a loyal customer for over 5 years seems being loyal doesn't mean anything
Phoned my client to check on her morning she is still emotional and quite scared of collapse or worse and not able to get emergancy help all plusnet have offered is 23rd Oct perhaps /might have an active phone line .
We have phoned ..emailed..tweeted .private message ..live chat and on here still nothing .
So for the next few weeks I have a client who is very scared and worried and plusnet couldn't give a dam about it .
As I have said we have screen shots and bank statements showing my client paid every month on time for the last few years
Today I'm taking my client to her social worker as she is to ill and vulnerable to be left like this
She got a welcome to plusnet email and cried
I'm blown away as I have never had any of my clients being treated in such a manor .
I'm at a complete loss of what to do next or how to solve these issues
My client said she doesn't want to ring plus net when I'm not with her as she finds it intimidating and looking at the way plusnet have treated her I don't blame her feeling this way .
Any help or advice on this issue would be truely appreciated
Thank you for reading

68 REPLIES 68
cazpro777
Grafter

Re: Got no where after 5 hours

Sorry me again
Just had email stating 24th Oct
Yesterday's emails and texts said 23rd Oct
Looks like we are both going to have yet another day of phoning plus net and being messed around yet again .
My client is going be in tears again when I show her the latest email moving the date further along
I'm nearly speechless
Having missed few bills myself in the past I wasn't cut off or a service stopped because of one late payment
I'm at a complete loss
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

That's a totally unaceptable and ridiculous situation which beggars belief. Anybody may pay into my bank account as long as they have the correct details and I have also been able to pay, e.g. a bill, on someone elses behalf using either their or my own payment card. So why is it not possible with PN? It's not as though you are requesting account details or discussing the account etc..

No doubt the Plusnet apologists will be along soon with their lame excuses and blaming you and/or your client for the situation.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

If your client is receiving benefits would she better off moving to BT Basic with broadband? https://btplc.com/inclusion/ProductsAndServices/BTBasic/BTBasicBroadband/index.htm BT also appear to have policies in place to give priority service to vulnerable customers.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cazpro777
Grafter

I agree with you
My client apologised for late payment even said I can show you my hospital paperwork stating been in hospital My client even offered to show private medical paperwork and confidential paperwork from adult social service's explaining about the telecare emergancy alarms (She has 4 of these 1 door sensor..1 falls detector .1 neck pendant and wrist button as soon as she faints or drops to have a seizure the ambulance is alerted and myself she has a working key safe because of this
She also has a loop recorder fitted above her heart this sends a signal thro a monitor in her bedroom to the local hospital so then her heart is constantly monitored
She has uncontrolled epilepsy ..she has copd/asthma and has peumonia at the moment .
She also has long QT syndrome and at risk of sudden death
Due to plusnet and the complete mess around
My client has no emergancy alarms at all nothing ..
She is extremely scared and so am I
I'm worried I'm going to arrive at hers to find her collapsed on the floor or worse !!!
I pleaded with them spoke to 3 different plusnet staff .
Phoned/emailed / live chat /Twitter /Facebook we have done all this and still nothing
I have been a carer for a decade and have never come across such a slap dash attitude to extremely (possibly ) life threatening situation.
My client thro tears even said I hope I get admitted to hospital cos then at least I no I'm safe
My client has been with plusnet for 5 years and that doesn't seem to count for anything .
I'm at a loss what to do next and I will be helping my client to escalate a complaint.
I did say on the phone yesterday (pure frustration after 5 hours)
if anything happens to my client i will hold plusnet
company responsible
I have told my client not to claim for the 2-3 hours I was with her trying to get thro and solve this with plusnet she doesn't need this extra stress and worry or even paying me to keep phoning etc plusnet.
As I said I have been in contact with her this morning and she said I can't do this I'm in tears im scared asking what will happen if she needs help I have tears in my eyes as I cannot say when or if she will be found on the floor and what night happen
Best case scenario she is still on the floor hours later
Worse case scenario well that doesn't bare thinking about
I do appreciate your replies to this message .
I advised my client to eat (yesterday she didn't eat one because we was constantly on the phone to plusnet and 2 doesn't want to run out of food 3 she is that stressed she isn't hungry so there for is not eating)
I advised my client to charge her mobile and keep it on her at all times
No alarms means she can't even shower alone as it's to dangerous.
Her social worker who I have just spoken to is coming over to see my client soon
as my client is on safeguarding and extremely vulnerable more so now
Some thing needs to happen fast
I'm hoping that I can visit my client to sit and calm her down get her to eat then I'll stay a while and we will both phone plusnet yet again
I won't just sit and allow this already ridiculous situation to continue I can't it's not fair and not right
Thank you for reading
We appreciate all and any advice or suggestions given thank you

ffered to show screen shots of her personal bank account offered to pay outstanding amount and any other costs but was refused .
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm really sorry and concerned to hear about the experience you've had.

I'm investigating this as a priority and I'll update your account shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cazpro777
Grafter

Thank you Matthew for taking the time to reply
I'm at due at my clients flat soon.
Her social worker has advised me to help her shower (my client is a very private person so me helping and aiding her to shower safely is going to be extremely upsetting for her) she cannot be left with no alarms !! i have sent screen shots and emails showing all proof of this treatment by plusnet i made notes as we was going along stating who said what and from what dept.
All been sent via email to her social worker.
I have phoned the company who fits and manages her emergancy alarms and let them no the situation
I will also ring her gp for advice for what to do about alarms and her heart monitor .
I have told her social worker i will do my best to get answers today and am willing to and have cancelled other clients to sit with
This lady all day and phone plusnet yet again
I informed the care agency I work for who are gob smacked at this and have agreed to me staying at my clients to ring plusnet and I'm to update them as and when needed
I don't no what else I can do to help this situation .
I texted my client and suggested put her phone on charge so at least she has a charged mobile when we call plusnet again hopefully won't be 5 hours again like yesterday
Thank you for reading
Any advice and guidance is appreciated Thank you
cazpro777
Grafter

I feel I must also add my client still has router and home phone installed and she still has dial tone so in theory plusnet could switch services back on but no they would rather put my client in danger than do the 'decent' thing .
cazpro777
Grafter

I have been on hold for 50 minutes then through to provisions who said we are very sorry .(again)
We will try and get phone line appointment with bt openreach moved forward in order for the careline/telecare to be back up and running. !
Said may be able to be 15th oct
I'll said we will wait and see if this happens
I also asked them how to make a complaint and will take this unfair treatment further.
So hopefully phone line will be active in 5 days
However her heart monitor won't work till internet is up and running
Client has the recordable loop monitor fitted above her heart scans this daily then information gets sent to heart clinic
She has long QT syndrome
And is at risk of sudden death
So no heart monitoring for this next 7-10 days if not longer
Disgraceful .unfair and dangerous for my client
Plusnet no my clients health issues as was discussed at sign up 5 years ago and at renew contract a few months ago.
They looked into the older account and confirmed has on my clients records her health problems so they knew already she was/is very vulnerable
They must have known all along but still stopped her contract through no fault of her own.
Email just received states new router is on way to her 3-5 days
She has a blimin router she for new one updated few months ago in her older account as she updated to fibre broadband
Today been told the bill outstanding on the older account has already been sent to debt collectors but plusnet refuses to give me the name of this company so I can ring and see the nonsense and (more) issues that plusnet have and are causing
I have lost any faith and patience with plusnet
Please do take your advert of the tv as clearly you are misleading loyal /new customers
My company receives approx £10 a hour for me to help and aid my client i been here two hours thus far and will not be charging my client for my time ill give her all the time she needs
Have hugged her and said I'll try and sort anything I can with plusnet
Waited on here hours for a explanation and reply
Its simply not good enough
I'm stunned
Baldrick1

@cazpro777 wrote:
So hopefully phone line will be active in 5 days

@and earlier wrote:

my client still has router and home phone installed and she still has dial tone

So why does the line need to be re-activated by BT?

I can see that your client has got into a mess with changing accounts and not having a direct debit in place at the same time as going into hospital for a protracted period.

I have had the experience of an elderly relative who had got into the same sort of problem then had to go into hospital, leaving a mess festering and consequently getting more complicated by the day. This inevitably needed considerable effort and common sense from the other parties to get things straightened out.

Hopefully @MatthewWheeler will get some-one onto the case and get this sorted quickly for you

Moderator and Customer

cazpro777
Grafter

Hi thank you for your reply much appreciated thank you
Plusnet have said they cannot reconnect even tho the equipment is here still plugged in
They have refused twice my client asked then I did .
My client hadn't changed anything
Plusnet have upgraded her to fibre months ago I can find the email to show (if needed )
She didn't want out of her contract early.
She has never had (until yesterday ) direct debit with you .
She always pays on phone with debit card .
I can explain why but would prefer to private message about that .
My client was in hospital last year for 3 weeks came home no phone or broadband paid that bill there and then services back on within an hour .
There was no issues then.
Never had any issues at all in 5 years including moving house they only took 4 days
To get phone on
At the time she had her sister staying so could keep and eye on her and help if needed or call for ambulance
Unfortunately her sister cannot help at the moment.
I did say to her and show her replies for this post
What has been suggested by adult social care social worker is that my client and I sign a 3rd person authorising me to sort bills in future and have discussed with plusnet on how to do this
They said all i needed is password and user name.
I'm more than willing to do this
Thank you again for your replies
She has (in the past) recommended plusnet to others I doubt she will now.
I'm more than happy to send plusnet screen shots of proof of my clients health issues also screenshots of emails saying thank you for clearing your balance bill now 0.00
But plusnet still stopped her older account and contract
I'm sincerly hoping they keep to thier word on the 15th I have already booked her in for 8-1
So I can sit with her that say until phone is on again
Thank you for your help and advice .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd definitely contact BT to ask how quickly they could get her connected with a new line as a priority vulnerable customer (there's probably a spare pair in the existing cable that could be used).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Baldrick1

The problem is that I read that the account was upgraded to fibre only a few months ago so no doubt this would raise the spectre of cancellation charges - unless of course Plusnet have already cancelled the contract through non payment and it is these charges that they have passed to the debt collection agency..

Moderator and Customer

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The customer was trying to pay. Plusnet closed the account against the customers wishes. They'd have one hell of a job making cancellation charges stick!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cazpro777
Grafter

Thank you
You are correct in saying
Plusnet cancelled her old account through non payment .
Even though she has paid every single month for 5 years (all but one on time )
Had money in bank to cover late Fee's and the outstanding amount but plusnet wouldn't take it .
Thank you for your help