cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got fibre but it diesn’t Work!

Bright8
Grafter

Got fibre but it diesn’t Work!

I got fibre today and the blue light is on the router and the computer says ‘internet access ‘ so everything looks fine. However when I try to access the internet on any browser it says “your internet access is blocked” . I have been hanging on the phone to them for nearly an hour and can’t get through. Can anyone help please
3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Got fibre but it diesn’t Work!

Have you logged into the router?  Does te user name say something like setup@plus.net or similar, or your username@plusdsl.net? If the first one it suggests your account has not yet been setup.

Bright8
Grafter

Yes, it's defo logged into the router. the router is blue and the laptop says it has internet access. having now had more time to look at it, it appears the problem is just with yahoo (my  usual browser) on my laptop. I can use the internet via google or bing, but not with yahoo for some reason. I know that yahoo isnt down because I checked on another laptop. Weird lol!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with loading webpages.

I'm happy to hear you've identified the cause of the problem. Let us know if further issues develop.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet