cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got email wrongly telling me I am leaving Plusnet! [-Censored-]? Service about to be taken away??

Highlighted

Got email wrongly telling me I am leaving Plusnet! [-Censored-]? Service about to be taken away??

I had an email titled

We're sorry to hear you're moving your broadband service

about the cancellation of my service and moving to a new provider, but I have not done anything at all! I am anxious that I am about to be cut off. The date of the email was today, 29th but it asks me to call before 24th March if this is not the case. I cannot get through to the numbers for love nor money. I tried online chat and got terminated as soon as I asked the question  so I am resorting to this forum. I need braodband to be still on.I have registered as with additional needs. Please can someone call me and sort this out? Before I get CUT OFF AND CHARGED FOR IT?? Very unhappy and anxious.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 905

Re: Got email wrongly telling me I am leaving Plusnet! [-Censored-]? Service about to be taken aw...

Thanks for your post @doas 

I'm really sorry to see the late email with regards to another provider taking over your broadband service.

Due to how fast your broadband was ceased (the minimum lead time for a transfer is 10 working days) and there's no what's known as a 'tag' on the line of another provider, I don't believe this was transferred to another provider. 

Puzzled I've discussed this with our suppliers and we've come to the conclusion we ceased the service in error. Sad

I can see you've spoken with an adviser this morning and we've raised a case with our suppliers to correct the records of your line, because the records currently state that broadband is enabled on the line when it isn't and this is stopping us from getting you back up and running. 

The BT adviser I've discussed this with today has chased up the progress of this case with the relevant team and we've been advised that the records should be updated within the next 3 working days.

Once this has happened, we can place a new broadband order and request this is expedited for the soonest possible date. I'm taking personal ownership of this moving forward and when you're back online, I'll be happy to offer a gesture of goodwill.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience we've caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team