cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News (and bad).

buseng12
Grafter

Good News (and bad).

The "good" news is that I have managed to unlock my Huawei modem & install the latest  B030 SP08 Web Gui firmware.
Whilst in "unlock" mode I managed to get some stats.
This is the modem current details.
Product type EchoLife HG612 
Device ID BC7670-21530315408K1B016162
Hardware version VER.B
Software version V100R001C01B030SP08
Firmware version A2pv6C038m.d24j
Batch number BC1P6.030.A2pv6C038m.d24j

The line stats.
Seems G-INP is enabled & I am on interleaving level 4 (is that high?).
My max line attainable rate is 62 meg, so why am  I only getting 20 meg less than that?
My BT profile is only 40.75 max.

Now the bad news, having  connected everything up I cannot now access the modem web interface.
I have used the recommended set up, dsl to modem input, Lan 1 to router vdsl input, Lan 2 to router ethernet port, pc ethernet port to another router ethernet port.
I have tried both get ip address automatically & set fixed 192.168.1.100 ip address to my ethernet adaptor with no success.
I have also disabled BT Agent/TR069 on the modem & disabled the firewall.
Neither Routerstats or HG612_Modem_Stats cannot access or log in to  the modem either with this configuration.
Would there be something blocking the modem access?
The Lan 2 light is flashing though, so something is going through the port.
19 REPLIES 19
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Good News (and bad).

Downstream looks 'Banded' (DLM has placed an upper limit of 44000), possibly due to previous high error rates, this will be preventing you from attaining your attainable rate.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
sjptd
Grafter

The usual address for the unlocked modem is 192.168.1.1
On mine, which I unlocked some time ago, the web interface stopped working after some update, but the telnet interface (as used by most of the modem stats programs) continued to work.
If you have done a recent unlock that probably won't apply, both web and telnet interfaces should work.
buseng12
Grafter

Won't Telnet either, times out on port 23.
Only unlocked it this morning.
Normal internet access is ok.
TR1PL3D
Grafter

If the IP address of the HG612 is still the default 192.168.1.1, and you connect it and your computer to the same router, it will not work as the HG612 is likely to be on a different subnet to the rest of your normal network.
Connect directly to your HG612 LAN2 port again and assign a manual IP to your computer in the same subnet, ie 192.168.1.100 as you did before.
Now go to the HG612 web gui by visiting 192.168.1.1. Go to Basic, and click LAN, Under "LAN Host Settings", you will see the IP address of 192.168.1.1. Change this to something that is in the same subnet as the rest of your network, most routers will use 192.168.0.0 subnet.
One of my HG612 has an IP address set of 192.168.0.254 as an example. Just make sure you do not set the IP on the HG612 the same as anything else on your network.
You will also have to change the DHCP Server settings on the same page otherwise you will be unable to save the settings. To do this you will have to temporarily enable the DHCP server as the IP boxes will be greyed out or un-selectable. Change them to anything that is in the same subnet as the HG612 modem. Remember to UNCHECK "DHCP server: Enable" before clicking "SUBMIT" or you will have issues!!!
This is a screen shot of how mine is setup.
buseng12
Grafter

Thanks, will give that a go.
My router & everything else connected have ip addresses of 192.168.0.xxx
buseng12
Grafter

Thanks  TR1PL3D, that has sorted it! Can now access the modem as can the various monitoring programmes.
All I need now is the interleaving/DLM turned off.
TR1PL3D
Grafter

Your welcome, glad it worked out for you.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: buseng12
All I need now is the interleaving/DLM turned off.

With G.INP active (as your connection seems to be), all connections have some level of interleaving applied.
However, interleaving now carries far less overhead than it did pre-G.INP.
Looking at other users' connections, I have seen values of 16 DS & 8 US, 8 DS & 8 US, 8 DS & 4 US and 4 DS & 4 US (as per your connection).

You do seem to have quite high levels of INP at 55 & 55 though, which suggests that your connection experiences 'bursts' of interference.

There will no doubt now be a lowish level of traditional FEC going on, but as much as possible, error correction (retransmission etc.) is now managed differently & reported in rtx_tx, rtx_c & rtx_uc stats.
Other 'harmful' error counts such as CRC & Errored Seconds should now have all but disappeared.
The DS & US LEFTRS cumulative counts & stats per minute seem to be an indication of the magnitude of 'interference' (crosstalk etc.)

Could you post the ongoing stats montages from HG612 Modem Stats for us to look at?
These are named something like line_stats__FULL_MONTY_G.INP_P-20150502-0600.png & line_stats__FULL_MONTY_P-20150502-0600.png
A HG612 Modem Stats program update which is due very soon will combine these graph montages as per the example I have attached from my 1100m, now quite low speed connection that has seen gradual increases in crosstalk since it was installed in 2011.

buseng12
Grafter

It's got worse overnight!
Now level 8 interleaving downstream, but dropped to level 2 upstream.
My speed has dropped by around 2 meg as a result.
Remember I was getting 50 meg until recently! That was with an ECI  modem on a Huawei cabinet.
Also seem to be getting a lot of re-syncs.
buseng12
Grafter

Don't know if you mean these?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

From other stats I've seen that looks like a higher than usual level of INP (most are 40something), also you appear to have a very significant level of ES & CRC, that's unusual with G.INP active.
What seems to be unknown at present is whether G.INP possibly helps to mask line faults or if your line maybe has serious (intermittent?) noise issues (it certainly seems very good at improving lines with odd bursts of noise such as mine).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: buseng12
Don't know if you mean these

No, it was these graphs:-
These are named something like line_stats__FULL_MONTY_G.INP_P-20150502-0600.png & line_stats__FULL_MONTY_P-20150502-0600.png

They should be found in subfolders of Ongoing_Stats, timed at whatever time you have set the schedule to.
You could generate a new up to date set by clicking the "Run GraphPD" button in the HG612 Modem Stats GUI.

EDIT:
It would also be useful to see a recent 'snapshot' montage.
These should be created in subfolders of Current_Stats on a schedule and/or whenever the connection resyncs.

buseng12
Grafter

xreyuk
Grafter

I'll watch this thread with interest. When I had G.INP applied on my line, the resync also put me on a 44Mbps banded profile. After a month and a half of 0-3 errors per day, I have still not been able shift it, and am still on a banded profile.