Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gigabit speed full fibre broadband

FIXED
CapGrumpy
Hooked

Gigabit speed full fibre broadband

Up in Inverness we have had to put up for the past year with a company (Cityfibre / brawband) laying new cables for Gigabit "Full Fibre Boradband" and its apparently active now "right outside" my door.

Is this something that Plusnet is aware of and how do I upgrade?

I am aware that due to everyone working from home the network has been creaking at times and during the day and as someone working from home this has been problimatic

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Gigabit speed full fibre broadband

@CapGrumpy If you want to take advantage of that service, you would have to change supplier - Plusnet, under the direction of their overlords, BT, will not be offering FTTP anytime soon, and not via the Cityfibre infrastructure anyway.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Fix

Seems that there's only one supplier in the area for the moment https://www.brawband.co.uk/

More background info here https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/02/first-homes-live-on-cityfibres-inverness-fttp-broadban...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CapGrumpy
Hooked

Thanks @jab1  and @MisterW 

Considering the (lack of) quality and communication I witnessed when they installed the ducts  - I don't think I will make the jump, and to be honest the prospect of returning to Talktalk fills me with dread .

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Zen also use CityFibre in some areas so they may start to supply in your area at some point.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The BrawBand deal looks pretty good - though no phone yet.  The symetric upload / download speed offer  could be useful for small businesses?

@CapGrumpy   The ducting installed often looks a tad ropey, but the cable is well armoured for these conditions.  It's the condition of the terminations at junctions that is more critical and much of this is now factory pre-terminated for speed of installation.

Openreach isn't in the frame in that area yet and even if they were Plusnet have NO visible plans for FTTP in the near future.