cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gfast - Just wondering.

yfront
Grafter

Gfast - Just wondering.

Gfast modules have appeared on the cabinet at the end of my road but I understand Plusnet have no plans for Gfast provision.

During an idle moment I entered my phone number into the adsl checker, this confirmed Gfast is planned, I also noticed that there's an open order on my line due for completion by 3.6.18. Is this an indication I'll be moved onto Gfast equipment, albeit with max speed of 80 Mbps, as that is what Plusnet provide me with.

This could an advantage as my sync speed has dropped by about 15 Mbps since I was originally provided due I believe to cross talk, as more people applied for fibre.

Anyone at Plusnet able to tell me what this open order is about?

Thanks for any info.

Fred

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Gfast - Just wondering.

if it's from plusnet you should be able to see any orders raised etc. in your tickets.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
yfront
Grafter

I would imagine this to be an openreach internal order, well I haven't any tickets anyway.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You haven't ordered G.Fast, it isn't even available yet if it says "planned" and PlusNet don't offer it so you will not be transferred to G.fast equipment, that isn't the way it works, it is only used for customers wanting to order a higher speed connection. No idea what the open order is about but it isn't anything to do with G.Fast. Sorry but you seem to be suffering from a severe case of wishful thinking.Smiley

yfront
Grafter

That despite the smiley is just about the most aggresive forum reply I've ever received.

Every point you made I had already acknowledged in my original post hence the post title.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

Yes, unfortunately sometimes the truth hurts but aggressive, I don't think so.

yfront
Grafter

RealAleMadrid

I see I had to correct you on a previous occasion, after you gave duff information in an aggressive manner.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Call-divert-change-answer-time-how/m-p/1483565#M24833

Anyway back to business

Anyone on Plusnet able to explain this outstanding order on my line as in the attached, I presume my phone number can be identified via my community user name.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi yfront,

I can think of two possibilities for an open order you are not aware of:

1) You could have been slammed and another ISP is taking over your line without your consent. This can also happen when a 3rd party orders BB etc and enters the wrong phone number (your phone number) in the order process...

2) PN were transferring customers lines from their "old network" (BT WBMC) to their "new network" (BT WBC) over the last couple of years. There were doing the transfer on a geographical basis.

This would lead to an open order on the line as it involved a cease & re provide within OpenReach's systems.

I am not sure if this PN network transfer process has been completed or is still progressing.

Regards

Richard

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero

@yfront I fail to understand why you bothered finding that old thread, what I stated was actually correct, as were my comments about G.Fast. I will not respond to any further posts in case I am aggressive and offend you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Fred.

I can't see any orders placed on your line so I'm unsure as to why DSL Checker advises there is one.

Let us know you notice anything happen after the 3rd.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yfront
Grafter

RichardB

Gandalf

Many thanks for your input.

I first noticed the mystery order in March, just after the cabinet pods appeared, with a completion date for the end of the month. At the end of the month the completion date jumped to the end of April and then from April to early June.

I shall have to suck it and see,  I'll report back here.

Thanks

Fred

RealAleMadrid

Yes thanks, if you could avoid posting when I'm the OP it would be appreciated

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've checked with our suppliers and they can't see any orders either.

Very odd indeed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Thanks for the checks on the mystery order.

Perhaps the completion date may be perpetually put forward and we'll never know.

Let's put this to bed for now, if anything happens I'll report back here.

Thanks again.

Fred