cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a bit miffed off with Disconnects and line caps! :( Fibre Extra customer.. 22 down 0.8 up :(

anonymous01
Hooked

Getting a bit miffed off with Disconnects and line caps! :( Fibre Extra customer.. 22 down 0.8 up :(

Hi guys,

For about 6 weeks now my line seems to be cutting out and because of this, the cabinet has been throttling my line. First port of call was for a BT engineer to visit the premises who confirmed that all my equipment was fine and there was no issue in my premises.

He was a nice chap and he "reset" the line which seemed to take my 0,8 up speed to 20 ish (I'm on 400m away from the cab) but it didnt affect the down speed. I thought well, thats better than nothing, lets see what open reach do further about it.

He mentioned something about me having an old kind of faceplate that should have been switched when i first moved in the premises, took out my line rental and fibre broadband with plus net in december 2015. He said it seems ok though.... 

Please for you info have a wade through these reports and dialogue between me and plus net! 

Your Response
12:33pm, Sunday 26 Feb 2017
The openreach engineer said there was a 26mbps download cap and a 1mbps upload cap. He has reset the line which seems to have fixed the upload problem but there is still a download cap of 26. I cannot get past this even when testing with wired professional equipment. Someone needs to sort this out. The open reach engineer said there's nothing wrong with the line only a problem at plus net server end. I will be pursuing plusnet for lost services for the intervening period of me having a cap in place. This is not fair. I rely on the upload speed to back up cctv from this place to another place. No one from plus net has ever informed me there was a 26 down and 1 up cap yet you have still charged me. This is breach of our contract and I'm very annoyed

[removed] - CSC Analyst
12:00pm, Wednesday 1 Mar 2017
[internal]
Testing. Results to follow shortly.

[removed] - CSC Analyst
12:03pm, Wednesday 1 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU20735816

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 18.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.1 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 410.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-02-26T10:30:00

WP Profile CLT TAM NIC
25200 Pass Pass Pass

Radius

VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 60 20 20 53.8 Available -- Yes Yes --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 70.5 40.9 20 12.9 35 Available -- Yes Yes --

Engineer NotesRara: issue resolved faulty Vdsl front plate. Replaced with new. Pqt, Vdsl and GEA service test done and passed. Test and demo with mr Purcell line test ok.

SummaryNO DLM banding present but sync rates are still below estimate. Rejected clear and fault is now AA

Kind regards,

[removed]

[removed] - CSC Analyst
12:11pm, Wednesday 1 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for getting back to us and I am sorry you are still having trouble with the connection. I have tried to call you today but unfortunately was not able to reach you.

In regards to capping the line, this is not something that we do. I can confirm that your product provides up to 80mbps download and up to 20mbps upload, we would not place any capping on the line to restrict a customer from achieving the best possible speed.

I believe that the engineer noticed that the line had become banded. This is a process where the exchange limits the speed to try and stabilise a connection when it is dropping. An engineer is then needed to repair the cause of the dropping connection and to complete a reset at the cabinet to remove the banding. Banding is not something that is applied by the service provider.

On retesting your connection today, I can see that whilst no banding is present the download speed is below estimate still at 18mbps and the upload speed is 1.1mbps. In order to determine why the fault is ongoing we would like to arrange a further engineer for further testing.

Please reply to this message with three available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either AM ( 8AM- 1PM) or PM (1PM-6PM).

If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us two working days' notice.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by the fault experienced.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[removed]

Your Response
11:46pm, Wednesday 1 Mar 2017
A Bt enfineer(openreach) has already been out and confirmed there is no issue with the line whatsoever. I am not interested in bejnh banded about from pillar to post. My contract is with yourselves. Sort the issue out and come back to me with a fair resolution. You can get me or any of my team on XXXXXXX. He checked all my equipment, the line into the house and within my bounds. This is unquestionable not the issue. When the original engineer activated the line in December 2015 he said there was an issue with some wiring on the telegraph pole. On the actual pole. Nothing has been done to remedy this I'm pretty sure whatever that issue is has gotten worse.

I categorically will not be liable for any costs arising from any issues with your line that I rent from you. My contract is with you and whilst you are owned by Bt it is up to you to liaise with Bt not for me to do this. My contract is solely with you. You have been paid for my 12 months line rental. You need to sort it out. Like I said. Call me onXXXXXX during business hours to talk to me if needs be

[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:16am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
[internal]

[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:19am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBDGEA Test Detail

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1625
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 55.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 17.6 Mbps 56.3 Mbps 49.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 1.1 Mbps 19.1 Mbps 17.3 Mbps
Up Time 777.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 4.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2017-03-03T09:49:27Z 2017-03-03T10:04:27Z
Ingress Code Violation 3 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

BT Estimates WP Profile CLT TAM NIC ODC
60-80 54 Pass Na Na Done

Radius

SummaryRejecting clear With BT for LN fault.

[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:50am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
Agent (10:22:13):
Thank you for contacting BTW. Validation has been successful. The session id for this chat is 290590657

[removed] (10:32:51):
Book a dummy appointment as per the KCI then change the MFL
Agent (10:33:59):
Sorry Thomas, Our system doesn't allow us to change the MFL
Agent (10:34:16):
As it is as per the line test

[removed] (10:34:49):
Please pass this chat to a team leader

Agent (10:35:14):
As I have performed a line test I can see that the line test is failing LN , so a non appointed task will be raised.

[removed] (10:36:07):
Thank you

Agent (10:36:31):
Still do you want me to pass this chat to my team leader?

[removed] (10:37:26):
No, if you have raised an LN task and will be progressing this internally that is what I wanted.

[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:51am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXXX

I have re-raised this fault back to our suppliers for them to investigate further. At this time they will conduct further testing, then they will get back to us in the next 24-72 hours with an update. At this time no engineer is needed at your property but if this changes we will let you know as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

[removed] - CSC Analyst
10:52am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
INTERNAL: Holding for updates.

This Question is now on hold until Saturday 4th March at 9:00am.

Script User - Automated Script Pool
9:05am, Saturday 4 Mar 2017
Question [ 144657972 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Your Response
9:38pm, Tuesday 7 Mar 2017
I bet you guys would be onto me faster than you have to fix this if i stopped my Direct Debit!

[removed] - CSC Analyst
7:53am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
**INTERNAL**

[removed] - CSC Analyst
7:54am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017

[removed] - CSC Analyst
9:01am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBD
GEA Test Detail

Test Outcome Fail
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 31.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 15:30 to 15:45
Interference Location Other
Interference Observed In Days 6
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 56.3 Mbps 45.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 12.2 Mbps
Up Time 27.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.0
Start Time Stamp 2017-03-11T07:25:49Z 2017-03-11T07:40:49Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

60 - 80 31400 Pass N/A Pass Complete

Radius

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        

Engineer / E-Chat Notes(07:58:09):
As i see the fault is Clear Unconfirmed,and also it is completed in suppliers application on 26/02/2017.

(07:59:15):
Yes you can reject the clear and book appointment.

SummaryStill failing LN.
Issue not related to upload usage.
No new notes since MFL was changed.
Requires SFI.
Unable to get through.
Returning question requesting appointment.

[removed] - CSC Analyst
9:02am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXXX,

Thanks for your patience. I tried to call today but there was no answer.

I firstly apologise for the issues with your service. To progress your fault, we need to arrange a engineer visit due to intermittent connectivity.

Please ensure you have already plugged your router into the test socket with an alternate microfilter & (if you can) router, with no other devices connected to your phone line.

If you are still experiencing issues after this, please reply to this message with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm. Before we book an engineer to investigate and try to fix your issue, I need to make you aware of the following information, and you must accept before we proceed.

If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment, or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time, we will add a one off fee of £65 to your bill. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property, and the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists.

We are very stringent when accepting and passing on these charges, and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.

So that we may book an engineer, do you accept the possibility of a charge to your account?

Kind regards,
[removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: To progress your fault, we need to arrange an engineer visit. Please reply to this message with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm. Please ensure you have completed the checks and agreed to the potential charge.]

Your Response
9:06am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
I don't answer calls that have no caller Id

An engineer has already been round and checked and verified all my equipment is fine.

If you need to do that again then I absolutely refuse to cover any charges. As of right now I will be cancelling my direct debit if plus net do not perform in a more congruent way. You can see the engineers notes on this thread and it's already confirmed that there are no internal wiring faults.

There is noise on the line and that's not my problem. I bet it's a port issue in the cabinet

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA names removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

6 REPLIES 6
anonymous01
Hooked

Re: Getting a bit miffed off with Disconnects and line caps! :( Fibre Extra customer.. 22 down 0.8 u

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
12:11pm, Wednesday 1 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for getting back to us and I am sorry you are still having trouble with the connection. I have tried to call you today but unfortunately was not able to reach you.

In regards to capping the line, this is not something that we do. I can confirm that your product provides up to 80mbps download and up to 20mbps upload, we would not place any capping on the line to restrict a customer from achieving the best possible speed.

I believe that the engineer noticed that the line had become banded. This is a process where the exchange limits the speed to try and stabilise a connection when it is dropping. An engineer is then needed to repair the cause of the dropping connection and to complete a reset at the cabinet to remove the banding. Banding is not something that is applied by the service provider.

On retesting your connection today, I can see that whilst no banding is present the download speed is below estimate still at 18mbps and the upload speed is 1.1mbps. In order to determine why the fault is ongoing we would like to arrange a further engineer for further testing.

Please reply to this message with three available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either AM ( 8AM- 1PM) or PM (1PM-6PM).

If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us two working days' notice.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by the fault experienced.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Your Response
11:46pm, Wednesday 1 Mar 2017
A Bt enfineer(openreach) has already been out and confirmed there is no issue with the line whatsoever. I am not interested in bejnh banded about from pillar to post. My contract is with yourselves. Sort the issue out and come back to me with a fair resolution. You can get me or any of my team on XXXXXXX. He checked all my equipment, the line into the house and within my bounds. This is unquestionable not the issue. When the original engineer activated the line in December 2015 he said there was an issue with some wiring on the telegraph pole. On the actual pole. Nothing has been done to remedy this I'm pretty sure whatever that issue is has gotten worse.

I categorically will not be liable for any costs arising from any issues with your line that I rent from you. My contract is with you and whilst you are owned by Bt it is up to you to liaise with Bt not for me to do this. My contract is solely with you. You have been paid for my 12 months line rental. You need to sort it out. Like I said. Call me onXXXXXX during business hours to talk to me if needs be

Thomas Nicholson - CSC Analyst
10:16am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
[internal]

10:19am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBDGEA Test Detail

Test Outcome Fail
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 55.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 17.6 Mbps 56.3 Mbps 49.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 1.1 Mbps 19.1 Mbps 17.3 Mbps
Up Time 777.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 4.0 0.0
Start Time Stamp 2017-03-03T09:49:27Z 2017-03-03T10:04:27Z
Ingress Code Violation 3 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

60-80 54 Pass Na Na Done

Radius

SummaryRejecting clear With BT for LN fault.

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
10:50am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
Agent (10:22:13):
Thank you for contacting BTW. Validation has been successful. The session id for this chat is 290590657

[CSA Removed] (10:32:51):
Book a dummy appointment as per the KCI then change the MFL
Agent (10:33:59):
Sorry [CSA Removed], Our system doesn't allow us to change the MFL
Agent (10:34:16):
As it is as per the line test

[CSA Removed] (10:34:49):
Please pass this chat to a team leader

Agent (10:35:14):
As I have performed a line test I can see that the line test is failing LN , so a non appointed task will be raised.

[CSA Removed] (10:36:07):
Thank you

Agent (10:36:31):
Still do you want me to pass this chat to my team leader?

[CSA Removed] (10:37:26):
No, if you have raised an LN task and will be progressing this internally that is what I wanted.

[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
10:51am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXXX

I have re-raised this fault back to our suppliers for them to investigate further. At this time they will conduct further testing, then they will get back to us in the next 24-72 hours with an update. At this time no engineer is needed at your property but if this changes we will let you know as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
10:52am, Friday 3 Mar 2017
INTERNAL: Holding for updates.

This Question is now on hold until Saturday 4th March at 9:00am.

9:05am, Saturday 4 Mar 2017
Question [ 144657972 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Your Response
9:38pm, Tuesday 7 Mar 2017
I bet you guys would be onto me faster than you have to fix this if i stopped my Direct Debit!

7:53am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
**INTERNAL**

7:54am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017

9:01am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBD
GEA Test Detail

Test Outcome Fail
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 31.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Interference Observed In Days 6
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 56.3 Mbps 45.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 12.2 Mbps
Up Time 27.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.0
Start Time Stamp 2017-03-11T07:25:49Z 2017-03-11T07:40:49Z
Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

60 - 80 31400 Pass N/A Pass Complete

Radius

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        

Engineer / E-Chat Notes(07:58:09):
As i see the fault is Clear Unconfirmed,and also it is completed in suppliers application on 26/02/2017.

(07:59:15):
Yes you can reject the clear and book appointment.

SummaryStill failing LN.
Issue not related to upload usage.
No new notes since MFL was changed.
Requires SFI.
Unable to get through.
Returning question requesting appointment.

9:02am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXXX,

Thanks for your patience. I tried to call today but there was no answer.

I firstly apologise for the issues with your service. To progress your fault, we need to arrange a engineer visit due to intermittent connectivity.

Please ensure you have already plugged your router into the test socket with an alternate microfilter & (if you can) router, with no other devices connected to your phone line.

If you are still experiencing issues after this, please reply to this message with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm. Before we book an engineer to investigate and try to fix your issue, I need to make you aware of the following information, and you must accept before we proceed.

If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment, or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time, we will add a one off fee of £65 to your bill. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property, and the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists.

We are very stringent when accepting and passing on these charges, and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.

So that we may book an engineer, do you accept the possibility of a charge to your account?

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: To progress your fault, we need to arrange an engineer visit. Please reply to this message with 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm. Please ensure you have completed the checks and agreed to the potential charge.]

Your Response
9:06am, Saturday 11 Mar 2017
I don't answer calls that have no caller Id

An engineer has already been round and checked and verified all my equipment is fine.

If you need to do that again then I absolutely refuse to cover any charges. As of right now I will be cancelling my direct debit if plus net do not perform in a more congruent way. You can see the engineers notes on this thread and it's already confirmed that there are no internal wiring faults.

There is noise on the line and that's not my problem. I bet it's a port issue in the cabinet

12:02pm, Saturday 11 Mar 2017

The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker.

9:16am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
-
[INTERNAL]
Moving ticket to correct pool.

9:17am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
**INTERNAL**

9:24am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBD
GEA Service Test
GEA Test Detail

Test Outcome Fail
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 30.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Interference Observed In Days 8
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-02-28T09:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 56.3 Mbps 42.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 9.6 Mbps
Up Time 27.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.5 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.0
Start Time Stamp 2017-03-13T08:56:00Z 2017-03-13T09:11:00Z
Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 38 0

WP Profile CLT
31400 NFF in SI

Testinghttps://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14893966592168.png

FTTC

Product status: Enabled
Product RAG: Green
Reason code: G - FTTC is already enabled on this line
CAB #: 44
Speed (Clean) : 80000 - 60000
Upstream: 20000 - 20000

Speed (Impacted) : 70500 - 40900
Upstream: 20000 - 12900

SummaryProblem Explanation: [OD502] OR test has failed and Appointment Not Required.
Resolution/Recommendation: Please report fault to BTW for OR investigation.

3-397574877187

Will monitor for the next action.

10:48am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
Dear XXX,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I've retested the line and a potential external fault has been found, this is under investigation.

However if this is cleared and the connection is still faulty than an appointment will be needed, and the potential charge will have to be accepted before we can continue the investigation.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Thank you for getting back to us.

I've retested the line and a potential external fault has been found, this is under investigation.

However if this is cleared and the connection is still faulty than an appointment will be needed, and the potential charge will have to be accepted before we can continue.]

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 14th March at 7:00am.

Your Response
10:51am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
The Question 144657972 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - FTTC Logged Faults - Interm

(Received via text message) Get stood on

3:16pm, Thursday 16 Mar 2017
**INTERNAL**

3:17pm, Thursday 16 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

Radiushttps://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14896758781440.png

3:21pm, Thursday 16 Mar 2017
Dear Mr XXX

Thanks for your time on the phone, as discussed,

To progress your fault, we need to arrange an engineer visit. Please reply to this message with ideally 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm.

I also need you to be aware of and agree to the following statement to allow me to book the appointment:

"we need an engineer to visit your property to test the line. If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us 2 working days’ notice.

This charge will apply at all times when we’re working on the fault and you’ll need to accept this statement again if the issue is closed and then re-opened.

Do you have any questions?

Do you accept the possibility of a charge to your account? "

Please confirm that you agree to the above statement and your availability for a visit. Time slots are 0800-1300 and 1300-1800 Monday to Friday.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: We have replied to your ticket, you can view this online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 432 0200 for an update.]

DearXXXX

To progress your fault, we need to arrange an engineer visit. Please reply to this message with ideally 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm.

I also need you to be aware of and agree to the following statement to allow me to book the appointment:

"we need an engineer to visit your property to test the line. If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us 2 working days’ notice.

This charge will apply at all times when we’re working on the fault and you’ll need to accept this statement again if the issue is closed and then re-opened.

Please confirm that you agree to the above statement and your availability for a visit. Time slots are 0800-1300 and 1300-1800 Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: We have replied to your ticket, you can view this online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 432 0200 for an update.]

XXXXXXXXXX

It just seems after an engineer coming round and saying everything is fine, then a seperate open reach network issue cropping up they still want to sting me for a £125 or £65 admin fee for someone to fix it! I'm almost certain after a physical and wiring check that the wiring that I am responsible for is in perfect condition!

Any help? I'm pulling my hair out Sad 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per Forum rules.

anonymous01
Hooked

Re: Getting a bit miffed off with Disconnects and line caps! :( Fibre Extra customer.. 22 down 0.8 u

12:02pm, Saturday 11 Mar 2017

The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker.

9:16am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
-
[INTERNAL]
Moving ticket to correct pool.

9:17am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
**INTERNAL**

9:24am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

KBD
GEA Service Test
GEA Test Detail

Test Outcome Fail
Main Fault Location LN
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 30.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.7 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Interference Observed In Days 8
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-02-28T09:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 56.3 Mbps 42.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 9.6 Mbps
Up Time 27.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.5 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.0
Start Time Stamp 2017-03-13T08:56:00Z 2017-03-13T09:11:00Z
Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 38 0

WP Profile CLT
31400 NFF in SI

Testinghttps://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14893966592168.png

FTTC

Product status: Enabled
Product RAG: Green
Reason code: G - FTTC is already enabled on this line
CAB #: 44
Speed (Clean) : 80000 - 60000
Upstream: 20000 - 20000

Speed (Impacted) : 70500 - 40900
Upstream: 20000 - 12900

SummaryProblem Explanation: [OD502] OR test has failed and Appointment Not Required.
Resolution/Recommendation: Please report fault to BTW for OR investigation.

3-397574877187

Will monitor for the next action.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for getting back to us.

However if this is cleared and the connection is still faulty than an appointment will be needed, and the potential charge will have to be accepted before we can continue the investigation.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Thank you for getting back to us.

However if this is cleared and the connection is still faulty than an appointment will be needed, and the potential charge will have to be accepted before we can continue.]

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 14th March at 7:00am.

Your Response
10:51am, Monday 13 Mar 2017
The Question 144657972 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - FTTC Logged Faults - Interm

(Received via text message) Get stood on

3:16pm, Thursday 16 Mar 2017
**INTERNAL**

3:17pm, Thursday 16 Mar 2017
** INTERNAL **

Radiushttps://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image14896758781440.png

Dear Mr XXX

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

DearXXXX

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

XXXXXXXXXX

It just seems after an engineer coming round and saying everything is fine, then a seperate open reach network issue cropping up they still want to sting me for a £125 or £65 admin fee for someone to fix it! I'm almost certain after a physical and wiring check that the wiring that I am responsible for is in perfect condition!

Any help? I'm pulling my hair out Sad 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per Forum rules.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there, I'm really sorry to read of the continued problems you're having with your connection.

By arranging an engineer appointment this doesn't necessarily mean the fault lies with your equipment. On occasion, engineers need to perform testing from your master socket to try to establish the cause of the issue.

It seems like we've tried to progress this a few times as an external fault but it just gets passed back to us to book the appointment.

I'll be happy to get this arranged for you tomorrow, to progress this.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
anonymous01
Hooked

Can someone arrange for this to be sorted? 

Im getting 3 down and 0 up at the moment. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd advise plugging your router into the test socket as explained here https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and then to raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if the test socket doesn't help.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
anonymous01
Hooked

The master socket is functioning perfectly. Please can someone get in touch to have this resolved properly! Im sick of not having stable internet, its been over 8 weeks now