Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEA test

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

GEA test

I wonder if someone could run a GEA line test on my father's connection. He's recently had bt in for a dropping connection, but they found nothing. He's been synced at the full 40/10 since, but his attainable speeds have not increased and stuck at a max of 25mbps, wired or wireless. I know it's not my account, but I posted a couple of days ago on his account but no reply.  Please post it up on his account, so I can access it.  Username is [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

4 REPLIES 4
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Re: GEA test

Had a reply on his ticket, but it's just a standard reply. His speeds are still low, can someone please check his profile, a d ensure he's not banded etc. If all OK, we can then raise a low speeds issue.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Hi

We are not getting anywhere here.  PLEASE PLEASE can someone help. His speeds wired are now around 26mbps on a wired connection.  When I last checked he was synced at the full 40/10.  I suspect a banded profile, but need Plusnet to confirm.

I would be grateful if the results could be posted on his ticket.  Happy to PM any user details required.

If profile not banded then we will have to raise a low speed fault, but dont want to do this if not needed. His guaranteed speed according to his signup letter is 34mbps.

THanks

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

It's not a banded profile if the synch speeds are 40/10.

No ISP guarantees speed test results.  Speed tests can vary for lots of reasons and should not be relied on.

The standard response from CS on here lately has been if it is not down, then to raise a fault - after having gone through the troubleshooting guide.

You can get as much information yourself from the Help Desk tab in the router as you can from a GEA test and calling 17070 option 2.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Morning @penfold,

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team