13 REPLIES 13
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: GEA test

@duplicationserv,

As requested:

Are you having any particular issue you need addressing? 

duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi Joe,

thanks for that, mainly speeds my upload is really slow lately uploaded a 700mb file to dropbox and it took a fair awhile was seeing speeds down to only 200kbs on the upload, downloads not too bad although could be better

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8014183258 this was on a hard wired connection as well

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @duplicationserv, could you run a wired speed test over at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

After the initial test completes, please click the option to continue to Further Diagnostics, as this should store the results on our suppliers systems and help with further investigations.

Following this, if you could report the issue over at https://faults.plus.net and let us know, we'll be able to get that picked up and progressed with our suppliers.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi Harry,

thanks for that, bt wholesale speed test show it as low as well have attached screen shots for ref, did run a few tests on this and also put in the further diagnostics with our phone number, have also logged the fault on the faults.plus.net as well

our upload sync to the fttc box has never been over 5mb I think we should be seeing nearer 10mb as well really? it norm syncs at 4/5mb and downstream sync is norm 35/40mb if i remember correctly

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the detail.

If you've tried plugging your router into the test socket please could you reply to this ticket with your availability for an engineer to visit to further investigate your upstream sync speed being at 5mbps below where we'd expect them to be.

With regards to the lower speeds you're seeing, is the hardwired connection a direct ethernet connection from your computer to your router and are you able to replicate this across a different computer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi there,

have plugged the router direct into the master socket behind the faceplate before and the sync speeds remained around the same, can confirm the pc is connected direct to the router I have tried swapping the cat5 cable as not tried that and have seen an improvement in speeds now https://www.speedtest.net/result/8016761651.png

re the sync speeds they have always seemed lower than what should be getting based on bt spec, do you think this can be improved?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, as your speeds are still well below the estimates for your line it would be worth us moving things forward with an engineer visit to get some improvement. Let us know when you've replied to the ticket with your availability and we'll get that sorted out. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi there,

about 30 mins ago the connection dropped out and has now resync at 9660Kbps on the upload its never been that high Smiley has some changes been made? am hoping its going to stay around this as its about what it should be

duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi there,

seems the sync at 9mb on the upload was fairly short lived it stayed sync for around 5-6 days at that speed and yesterday it dropped and resync at 5mb on the upload have reset the router today just to see if it would go back up and its resync at 5mb and downloads 37mb

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know, we'd just need you to drop us a reply to the fault ticket on your account if this continues to be an issue: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187196301

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi there,

speeds have remained the same this end, I did try reply to the email but it bounced back and cant see anyway to reopen the ticket to reply to it can you re open it so can get this engineer booked in

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @duplicationserv

I have tested your circuit and can see that there is currently an issue resulting in your line being "banded" - this means you are not receiving the true speeds which your line can handle. See the GEA result n the ticket I have placed on your account here.

We are going to raise this to our supplier and request that they unband this line, I have sent an email off to get this raised for you. 

As your upload was showing up to 20Mbps, this may not increase as it is already the correct profile.

An engineer to your premise is not yet required.

Thank You

duplicationserv
Hooked

Hi there,

no problems thanks for the update, will see what happens