9 REPLIES 9
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: GEA Test Please

@nimdy,

Your GEA is below:

Just an FYI while it says on the GEA that your profile is banded it's not actually. That profile timestamp is outdated, on a real time BRAG test your profile is:

Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Interleaving (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

So please disregard this part. The bridge tap being detected is probably something worth looking into. Please plug direct into the test socket with nothing else plugged into the line apart from the router (no extensions please), and let us know once you've done this so we can retest.

nimdy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks @JOLO. I was asking because of the bridge tap identifier on the BT Wholesale checker, and lower speeds than I expected following a move from 40/10 to 80/20. I will need to move the modem to the master socket tonight when the family aren't using the connection. It involves taking apart my home network though, so can I move it, test it quickly and move it back to reduce downtime on the network? Will someone at Plusnet be able to retest between 7 and 8 tonight?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @nimdy,

No worries. I'm actually in until 10pm all week, so I'll be here, reply to the thread and I'll make sure it gets picked up.

nimdy
Rising Star

@JOLO I now have my Home Hub 5 with OpenWrt connected directly to the test socket. The router is telling me I am syncing at 55.429 Mb/s now and my upload has increased to 18.573 Mb/s. Could you run another test from your side? Thanks

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@nimdy,

I've run that and the bridge tap's still there so I've raised a fault. can you update the ticket on the account with some engineer availability and let us know her so we can get it all booked for you. 

nimdy
Rising Star

Hi @JOLO . Thanks for re-testing. I wont be home tomorrow (Tuesday) but will be home for the rest of the week AM and PM. Please could you book me in for the earliest slot you have. Thanks. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for confirming your availability @nimdy. I've booked your engineer in for the next available appointment and have added the details of this to the ticket here. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
nimdy
Rising Star

The engineer visited on Tuesday and spent about an hour testing both in the property and the cabinet down the road. He also changed the wiring in the house, essentially making the main socket inactive and making the CAT6 run to the NTE5 in my server cupboard the master socket. 

Before he left I checked the sync speeds - 62Mb, up from 50-53Mb before the visit. He did warn me that DLM may fluctuate in the coming days. Sure enough it has - it dropped to 56Mb yesterday and according to line stats dropped again in the early hours of this morning to 55Mb. Also since this mornings drop the ping has doubled from 8-10ms to 23ms. Is this normal in the first couple of days? Can I expect things to change again (for better or worse) or is this likely to stay at these speeds / latency?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @nimdy,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update on your connection. The speed can fluctuate within a few days of the visit, having said that your speed is still showing within estimates and would advise to keep an eye on it over the next couple of days. 

If the speed continues to drop, please respond to your fault ticket with your availability and we will arrange for an engineer to investigate it further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team