Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEA TEST

FIXED
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: GEA TEST

The connection is dropping again I only rebooted the modem once as I have stated yes I know the sync rate is in line with my connection but it shouldn't be capped by them what difference does it make if you cap the line it won't stabilise the line and the interleave they have added is causing problems for my daughter who plays online gaming so yes I think another engineer is needed to remove these caps and the interleave returned to fast path and see where we go from there I think the external wiring to the property needs checking also as this never gets checked , thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 52

Hi @iangilf

If you could provide your availability for an engineer on your open fault ticket here, we'll get that booked in for you.

Just to confirm though, it looks like a lift and shift was undertaken by the last engineer, so the external wiring the property will definitely have been checked as part of this process.

Thanks

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Done via ticket
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 690

Thanks for getting back to us

BT have detected a potential external fault so they've passed this fault to their diagnostics team for further investigation. We've been advised to review on the 8th allowing 2 working days for an update to come through.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Ok thanks there was some down time tonight maybe there doing something although stats haven't changed
iangilf
Rising Star

woke up this morning and

Current Rate (kbps) 20000 79987
Max Rate (kbps) 31397 84501
SNR Margin (dB) 12.8 6.9
Line Attenuation (dB) 20.7 9.7
Errors (pkts) 0 6805

can u adjust the profile please as threwput stuck at 68 meg

thanks

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @iangilf 

This could be to do with the fault Gandlaf mentioned above. 

Let us review on the 8th as they asked and we can make any amendments after that. 

Thanks, 

MoR

MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Ok what ip profile have you got me set to at plusnet as I said I'm on a static ip address and I know you can set the profile your end as you have in the past ...will wait tI'll the 8th then but at least can you tell me what you have my profile set to please
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the previous response @iangilf 

I can see the Openreach diagnostics team reset the line card at the cabinet and passed the fault back to us at 08:45:21 as cleared. Your connection dropped at 00:24 this morning which I suspect was the reset going through.

Your connection profile then updated to 77mbps at 03:49:13 this morning.

As your connection hasn't dropped since then, can you do a single disconnect/reconnect of the PPP session in your router interface letting us know how your throughput looks after?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Ok mate will do after I get back from work and will let you know how it is
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sounds good

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

hi gandalf we are back to normal thanks for all the hard work

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8482142898.png

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8482142898

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for confirming @iangilf that's good to see Thumbs Up

Fingers crossed you don't get anymore issues, but feel free to yell if you do.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Hi I've since removed the static ip address again and now with a dynamic ip address I'm getting 75 meg download with a ping of 9ms ...when the static ip address was in use I would get 71 meg download and a 14 ms ping why was this ? I really want and need the static ip address but why are the speeds different is it cause the way you route your traffic and if so is it possible to route traffic better so I'm able to get closer to the dynamic stats ?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @iangilf 

As far as I'm aware there should be no difference or if there is extremely minimal between a static and dynamic IP. Unfortunately we've no control over this apart from adding or removing a static IP on to your account. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team