GEA TEST

FIXED
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: GEA TEST

Hi @iangilf

It's still with Openreach, but this will go back to engineer visit so it might be worth just updating your availability again on the ticket to pre-empt that updating on the fault. 

- Joe. 

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi I've replied to the ticket with availability

Thanks
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us @iangilf.

I am sorry that the recent engineer visit did not resolve the issue with your connection and that it is still dropping.

I have booked an AM slot for another engineer to attend to the fault and updated your fault ticket accordingly. 

Please let us know how it goes Ian. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Thanks Sammy I did reply to the ticket what do I need to tell the engineer they did a lift and shift last time but it's still dropping and the speeds are much lower than expected to be honest I'm fed up of telling them the same thing over and over lol ...thanks once again
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

To be honest @iangilf, they should have access to what has been done previously, however its always good to air on the side of caution so I would personally.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Ok Sammy also just to make clear of the date it's tomorrow right ? As the ticket says Wednesday 26th but I'm assuming it's tomorrow Friday ? Thanks
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies its Friday AM Ian ill amend that now.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

hi plusnet heres the update from today 

the engineer been ...what a lovely man very helpful climbed up the pole changed over the pair at the top of the pole that didnt achieve too much 

then he went to cabinet ran tests there and he said all the cards in the cabinet are running slow theres definately a problem so hes raised it up the ladder to the people who actually deal with the fibre cabinets themselves to get the cards examined and fixed or changed he said the power cuts we had recently could of effected the cards at the dslam so he has raised the issue to who he needed to my speeds have increased slightly after his work but he wasnt happy as he said i should be seeing the full 80 meg he said leave it for a couple of weeks as thats how long these people could take to come out and examine the cabinet and cards ..he said they tried 5 ports on each card in the cab and they were all running slow 

so will wait and see if anything changes over the next few weeks and get back to you he also said he will write his report and let you know what the situation is himself and what they are going to do , when he has done that can u update the ticket on my account please so i can read the comments he said

current stats

0 Days, 0 Hours 49 Minutes 22 Seconds

20.00 Mbps / 63.70 Mbps

28434 / 77577

10 dB / 6.3 dB

15.7 dB

thanks very much

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @iangilf,

Thanks for getting back to you and I am sorry to hear that after this visit the engineer hasn't yet resolved the issue. I have checked his notes and updated the fault ticket with what will need to happen next. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

good morning please can i have another gea test please also still getting disconnects but nothing has been done so it seems within the cabinet but they say it can take up to 2 weeks with them 

but i would like a new gea test please and thanks

iangilf
Rising Star

also can u remove my static ip address i want to check something but then can i request for it to be put back on for free please i want to check something out regarding this fault

iangilf
Rising Star

can someone please tell me whats going on my line went down for a long time just now and then came back on it looks like ive been moved to a different cabinet much further away as u can see the line attenuation and the snr of 3 now and the lower speeds 

whats going on please?

could it be to do with the work within the cabinet and them looking or replacing the cards?

either way i would like to know

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:02:07
6. Data rate: 20000 / 61058
7. Maximum data rate: 26794 / 59883
8. Noise margin: 9.5 / 3.3
9. Line attenuation: 25.8 / 24.2
10. Signal attenuation: 25.6 / 22.0
11. Data sent/received: 2.4 GB / 12.3 GB
iangilf
Rising Star

then went down again and came back on 

0 Days, 0 Hours 1 Minutes 27 Seconds

20.00 Mbps / 63.91 Mbps

28378 / 77573

9.9 dB / 6.3 dB

15.5 dB

0 dB / 15.5 dB

honestly whats going on 

iangilf
Rising Star

so basically nothing has been done ?

iangilf
Rising Star

noise margins and attainable rate increased but the sync rate hasnt so see what happens they maybe working on it and if so maybe an engineer has to come out after the work has been carried out 

20.00 Mbps / 63.91 Mbps

28434 / 79696

10 dB / 6.8 dB

15.5 dB