Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEA TEST

FIXED
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: GEA TEST

hi can u please increase my profile as the throughput seems to be stuck again and i seem to have been put on 76 meg profile can u please check your side as i have been having issues and yes im on a static ip address 

the issue was it went down to 72 meg and now back up to 76 but was always on 80 meg so can u work any magic your end before i report this as a fault rather see if u can correct this your end first like you have done for me in the past 

cheers

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 01:38:49
6. Data rate: 20000 / 76005
7. Maximum data rate: 29641 / 76177
8. Noise margin: 12.5 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation: 17.6 / 14.6
10. Signal attenuation: 17.4 / 14.6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @iangilf

I've tested your line and I can't see any issues remotely. Whilst your sync speeds have dropped slightly they are still well above your minimum guaranteed access line speed of 56.8mbps which means I'm afraid our suppliers wouldn't investigate this as a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

lol u lot are jokers im glad my contract runs out next month ill be leaving then ...theres clearly a problem as there always is and u tell me im within my speeds loooool i give up with plusnet you are like a 2 bit company now u never want to help anyone even though u can see there are problems ...well thats just made up my mind to get away from this company now absolute jokers who dont care to help but just say the same [-Censored-] yes the speeds are at 76 but the disconnections are the problem aswell which u choose to ignore 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to see you feel that way.

As I'm sure you're very aware, we've no control over your sync rate. If your line is disconnecting by itself then I suggest reporting a fault to us at faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@iangilf 

Any correlation between your outages and the report from your latest GEA?

Your previous GEA seemed clean, what could be causing the interference now?

See

https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Understanding-REIN-and-SHINE

BTW, moving to another Adsl/Vdsl provider will not resolve REIN/SHINE or infrastructure issues, your only option is to move to FTTP (ie not Plusnet as they don't yet provide this service), Virgin media, Satellite, Microwave or Mobile internet.

Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed on Week Days
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 04:15 to 04:30
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 2

iangilf
Rising Star

Ok gandalf thanks
Hi mate we had a few power outages in the area but nothing has changed inside the property
dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@iangilf 

I am not sure to whom your second line refers, please can you use the @ key to avoid confusion.

Assuming it is me, then I can assure you that interference is not limited to  inside the property.

You say nothing has changed inside the property, but how can you tell?

For example any electro-mechanical  device (switch/thermostat/motor) can become effectively a spark gap transmitter and cause wide band radio interference.

Electronic based power supplies may start to fail causing unwanted radio interference.

External radio transmission's can affect lines.

It should be noted that ADSL/VDSL is based on radio frequencies in the LF/HF bands, as opposed to FTTP/Sat/Mobile which utilise much higher frequencies and are less prone to spatial interference, but it should be noted all equipment is subject to conductive interference, which can be mitigated with filtering.

iangilf
Rising Star

ok thanks for the input much appreciated 

iangilf
Rising Star

or maybe damage has occurred to the cabinet or cards in the cab due to power surge or power cut who knows but thats for the engineer to find out 

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@iangilf 

While there may have been a power issue, I would expect the cabinets, which contains electronic equipment ( as opposed to the PCP which usually does not) to have protection.

Is your phone line overhead or underground?

Do you have a UPS to stabilise the voltage and protect your equipment?

Do you have any filtering to reduce conductive interference?

Are any VDSL extension using the correct shielded cables to prevent radiated interference?

Interference is not predictable, as stated previously, things fail.

REIN, of which I experienced in my street (not caused by me) is difficult to track down.

These are all things to consider when you have unexpected outages, and are outside of the ISP's control.

iangilf
Rising Star

Mate this ain't the first time this has happened if u go threw my past experience here u will see this has happened before and it has been resolved at the cab due to bt equipment as I said nothing has changed inside the premise I been using the Internet as far back as adsl and the 56k modem I do know when the same issue has happened before .I appreciate your help and I'm not dismissing it but the questions you are asking me are a bit over the top as I said straight after the power outages in the area it started playing up its defiantly got nothing to do with the equipment inside of the property I will report it as a fault today and will ask for an engineer to come on Friday when I'm next off and I will ask him to check what he needs to check at the cab ....
iangilf
Rising Star

Hi to the techs I've raised a fault ticket ...I'm available anytime Friday thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

We'd just need you to update the ticket with your availability please before we can get that arranged for you:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=192123797

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Hi Adam I've replied to the ticket anytime Friday cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers, I've just dealt with that and updated the ticket for you. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team