Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEA TEST

FIXED
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

GEA TEST

can i have a gea test please as my net is running slowish but am syncing at full speed

also can u please change my ip profile so it matches my sync rate please im currently syncing at 79995

so can you please match the sync with the 77 ip profile please ...im on a static ip so the profile maybe stuck can you give it a nudge up please

thanks

124 REPLIES 124
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: GEA TEST

Hi @iangilf, thanks for your post.

As requested:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID REDACTED Service ID REDACTED

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 80.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 353.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-06-01T10:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 79.9 Mbps 79.9 Mbps 79.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 765.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.5 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-06-14T09:46:31.973+01:00 2019-06-14T10:01:31.973+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

I've also had a check of the connection profile and can see that you're on 78000, which is the maximum we're able to set it to our side.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

iangilf
Rising Star

my ip profile is definately not right im syncing at 80 meg and throughput is definately not matching this as every single speedtest shows it go up then always settles around 70 mark ive had this problem before with static ip address where the throughput doesnt match so please can u adjust this also please can u tell me why the ping rates are increasing please on a normal ip i dont get any of these issues just with a static ip address

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8346605688.png

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @iangilf,

Having reviewed your services today I can see that, whilst it isn't the highest that your line can achieve, the throughput speed you're currently receiving is within the estimated range of 62Mbps - 80Mbps. In addition to this, the IP Profile is set to the highest rate it can be and there's nothing more we can do from our end to improve the speeds going into the property. The first thing that springs to mind is plugging the router into the test socket in the property, if the router isn't already in there. For reference, we have a guide on how to do this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

Lol yeah this is been done already ...I knew you was going to say that it has nothing to do with any of that but thanks for your input ...
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

my ip profile is definately not right im syncing at 80 meg and throughput is definately not matching this as every single speedtest shows it go up then always settles around 70 mark ive had this problem before with static ip address where the throughput doesnt match so please can u adjust this

The profile on your account has been the maximum we can set it to since back in March. I'm afraid there's nothing for us to adjust on that side of things as you're requesting.

I'm not sure what you mean by ping rates increasing on a normal IP, as you have a static IP.

Are you experiencing ping spikes on anything in particular when in real world use? Or are you just referring to fluctuations on speed tests?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

regarding the static ip address the ping rates are much higher than without a static ip 

and maybe the profile had got stuck somewhere is it possible to lower it to something really silly and then increase it to see if that eliminates a stuck ip profile ?

i had this problem before and someone months back fixed it by doing something i cant exactly remember who it was without looking threw my old posts but he fixed it for me so can u try this please

cheers

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @iangilf, thanks for getting back to us. Although I'm certain this wont affect the connection your side at all I have lowered the ip profile and then bumped it back up again for you. I'd advise if you're not seeing speeds near the sync speed we are seeing this side to try a few things below:
- I'd recommend if you haven't already to make sure when running speed tests to do so (although it looks to be already) on a wired connection directly into the router.
- I'd also recommend making sure there aren't any other applications/devices using the bandwidth at the time of you running your speeds tests and you could even try a different wired device to make sure.
- As speed tests can give inaccurate readings we'd advise trying 1 or 2 other speed tests to see if the same speeds show when doing so.
Let us know how it goes.

iangilf
Rising Star

thanks very much that seems to of fixed the problem my speedtests have shot back up to 74 throughput and the ping rate has come down .....thanks very much for trying something that has worked much appreciated

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iangilf
Rising Star

hi again ive had lots of disconnections and my speeds have dropped and my snr is on 6 instead of what it normally is on which was 7 i was syncing at the full 80 meg with attainable 84000 meg but now my sync rate is 

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:04:43
6. Data rate: 20000 / 75710
7. Maximum data rate: 29592 / 75714
8. Noise margin: 12.4 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation: 17.3 / 14.1
10. Signal attenuation:

17.1 / 14.1

and yes i know this is within my limits but the disconnections arent and the speed decrease has been caused because of this so can i have a new GEA test please and a solution to the disconnections so i can get the speed back up to the 80 meg again please

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @iangilf,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your query, apologies if the service is disconnecting.

I've checked the details here and there have been three disconnections over the past two days however they were widely apart for very short times only, perhaps as long as a router reboots, this does not suggest anything untoward. Can you please confirm if the router has been rebooted at all and if so how many times this has been done within the two day time period? Please also advise if you are running from the test socket, I have run a diagnostic test and your speed seems to be consistent as you have suggested.

Thanks - LF

iangilf
Rising Star

no the router isnt being disconnected by myself ive had this problem before and it was resolved its doing exqactly the same as before as always is the problem 

why would i be disconnecting the router ?

i know theres a problem there always is when this happens 

its in the socket its always been in since plusnet sent out an engineer before and they put that in and it was working at full speed since then up until a day or 2 ago the snr went as low as 4.7 with a 79999 sync rate with ample left to spare to what i have now nothings changed this end so its nothing to do with my end 

iangilf
Rising Star

gea test please 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

As requested:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 72.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 358.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed on Week Days
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 04:15 to 04:30
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 2
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-06-29T10:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 72.8 Mbps 79.9 Mbps 79.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 699.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-07-12T09:47:02.224+01:00 2019-07-12T10:02:02.224+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 1
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 2 1
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

If your router is plugged into the test socket then I'd suggest reporting a fault at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer to investigate this further as it looks like the drops are still happening and getting regular.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet