Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEA Line test request

NST
Hooked

GEA Line test request

Hi,

I'd like to have a GEA line test if possible to make sure everything is fine with my line.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: GEA Line test request

Hi @NST, by all means we'll happily provide that for you.

Are there any particular issues you're seeing with the connection at all? AS looking at the GEA test everything is looking spot on to the router.

Your GEA Test:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 80.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Not Run - Unable to run
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 299.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-02-28T12:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 79.9 Mbps 79.9 Mbps 79.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 883.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-03-13T11:46:21.171+00:00 2019-03-13T12:01:21.171+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Your Visual Radius:

NST
Hooked

Thanks for the test outcome.

I suspect some issues with jitter/buffering in the evenings. For example my SmartIPTV doesn't work in evenings approximately from 7pm-11:30pm. Other VoD seems to disconnect frequently. It simply can't connect to any IPTV channel but once I switch to my 4G connection everything goes back to normal so I think you might be restricting or throttling particular traffic. I might be wrong too.

Haven't had a chance to test the connection in gaming but will do next month.

Please make it straight for me what's going on.

P.S. can you see whether my line is interleaved or not?

Thank you
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @NST,

Interleaving would be on as default for your connection.

It's difficult to establish what is affecting those particular aspects of your connection as, as @BD has confirmed your connection is looking spot on from our side. When you're experiencing these issues, are you connected via wifi or a wired connection? Are the issues apparent on both? Does other content work properly when the IPTV/VoD stuff doesn't?

Let us know,

Best wishes

Dave

NST
Hooked

I tested it wired. All other services seem to work fine, just the IPTV doesnt, but for the last 2 days I didn't notice any issues. Will post if something happens again.
NST
Hooked

Could any moderator confirm that interleaving is currently enabled on my line? As DS sync us showing 79995 instead of 79999.

But on the other hand I've checked my ping to bbc.co.uk which hoovers between 12-15ms and Speedtest to London server shows around 15ms as well and that's tested wirelessly. Any chance if fast path will come eventually ping will be lower than 10ms?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Sorry @NST  but the Moderators on here are customers volunteering our time.

We have no access to Plusnet systems or your account.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@NST

To clarify interleaving is set to off on your connection. With FTTx connections the addition of interleaving on a line is determined by the DLM at the exchange. On the GEA you can see this is off as the profile is listed as "error protection off" (we've double checked this in BT Wholesale back end BRAG system too to confirm). The last time your line had any sort of interleaving was 1st February, which is also when it was turned off on your line.

Generally with fibre connections interleaving is auto placed on and then DLM decides whether your connection needs it or not. If you connection has a period of drops it may place it back on your line to restabilise, but then would adapt as required.

On fibre services there is currently no way to turn off DLM (and in turn interleaving) so this is how it has to work. 

NST
Hooked

@JOLO

Thanks for confirming.
Any ideas why the DS rate is 79995 instead of 79999/80000?

I think it was 79999 on Plusnet hub one and I've also seen higher attainable rates alongside with higher DS/US SnR but now I am using TD-W9980 which has lantiq chipset I suppose.

Is PH1 broadcom based chipset? I am on ECI cab.

I suppose router with broadcom chipset will give me a higher attainables but what about latency? Might it as well increase?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm afraid I'm not sure however 5 bytes shouldn't cause any issues with your connection Smiley

With regards to attainable rates, I wouldn't worry too much about it as there are no widespread plans to offer speeds any faster then what you're currently getting.

In terms of chipsets, the Plusnet Hub one uses a Lantiq chipset. Using other routers may give small differences but ultimately I'd expect it to make very little difference

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yeah I get the same if I use bt hub 6 I get 79999 but if I use any other modem router I get 79987 ....but nothing to worry about I'm on fast path and my pings vary between 6 and 9