Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEA Line test request & clarification on the Pro Addon

FIXED
voeid

GEA Line test request & clarification on the Pro Addon

Hello,

Can I see a test result for my line please? I've reported a fault last week, my fibre has been running at 1/4 the speed for 2 weeks now with a large number of random disconnects and dropped packets. No response whatsoever on the ticket so far.

I've been a customer for 5+ years now and I remember the main reason for signing up with you in the first place was the QoS that was applied to the connection on your side. That seems to be gone now and if I wanted to have QoS priority on gaming services again I would have to pay 5 pounds a month for the privilege, on top of 39 quid I am paying now (27.5 for a new customer for same package). Is that correct?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: GEA Line test request & clarification on the Pro Addon

Hi there. I have ran some checks on your line, and I can see some potential issues on there. Below is your GEA test, which shows some slow downs on the line, and a lower average than expected. Below the GEA I have attached a graph with your uptime on it. On there we can see the times that the connection has dropped.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 48.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 9.5 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 649.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 4dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low
Time Stamp 2018-06-15T16:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 12.9 Mbps 51.2 Mbps 26.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 14.7 Mbps 12.4 Mbps
Up Time 422.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 891.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 13.0 0.2

image15294252116292

Can you please try connecting your router directly into the test socket with an alternate micro-filter and let us know how this goes. You can find more information on this at https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242.

With regards to the above question in regards to QoS, as we are seeing issues on the line at the minute, I would recommend us getting the line up and running correctly first of all before we look into the pro add-on.

voeid

Thanks for your response. I have a double master socket, never used a filter & don't even own one. My modem is plugged into the left part of the socket and I am using an Asus router connected to LAN1 of the modem, your Technicolor router I was provided when I signed up died about 3 years ago.

When I reported my issue through chat I was told there was a fault on the line and it's been raised with Openreach, the previous line test can be seen on the ticket that is still open and currently my line is synced at:

Current line speed:17.4 Mb

Until now I assumed the fault wasn't on my end but you providing me a totally different test result is confusing to say the least. I restarted the modem just now and after running a speed test from a PC connected through gigabit ethernet I can confirm the line is currently 17mbit downstream, nowhere near 48mbit..

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

It looks like the profile on our end was still stuck due to the low speeds you had.

I've increased it to the correct value and if you retest it you should see a increase

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
voeid

The speeds are returning to normal now, thank you.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team