Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.fast & Plusnet?

artfulbodger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

G.fast & Plusnet?

Apologies if this has already been covered, but does anyone know if Plusnet has any plans to roll out G.fast yet? My local cabinet shows as having G.fast available on it now (as of 17/05/19). I've found out that EE and Talktalk offer a super-fast product in my area, with EE offering the potentially full 300Mbps option. Would be great if Plusnet are rolling out something soon rather than move over to EE. Any info greatly welcomed.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: G.fast & Plusnet?

Hi there.

Unfortunately we've no plans to share regarding if or when we'll be rolling out G.fast.

Sorry for any disappointment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stewakeman
Grafter

Any movement on this?

Having been with PN for a few years and found the service really good I would be interested in staying with you. Thing is, G.fast has recently become available in my area with the full 330 down 40ish up being available to me as a speed estimate on my line. With PN I get 74 down and 19 up so it’s a good line.

I am interested in taking this up but to do so I’d have to switch to another ISP. It won’t be BT, currently I’m looking at Zen, but FWIW I’d happily stay with PN if you offered the service. Even if you had something to announce coming up I’d probably be inclined to wait and see but if there’s nothing at all then I’ll sadly have to look elsewhere.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @stewakeman

I'm really sorry but we're unable to provide any information regarding this. 

If any plans were to be put in place to provide this as a service via Plusnet, we would notify our customers.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

stewakeman
Grafter

Thanks for the straight answer. It's a pity but good to know the standing on it.