cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Inp Data Throughput Ratio

tiffy
Rising Star

G.Inp Data Throughput Ratio

When DLM applied G.Inp (retransmission) to my line some 7 weeks after migration from ADSL to VDSL I noted that my DS synch speed increased by approx. 3 Mbps. however my DS data speed actually decreased slightly from previous, I believe this is due to the lower throughput ratio associated with G.Inp, in my case being on "retx high" which gives approx. 91% ratio as apposed to "retx low" which gives approx. 97% throughput ratio.

On my line, (DS IP profile / DS synch speed X 100) 34.84/38.26 X 100 = 91%

My questions are:

1/. Why should by line be on "retx high" profile with the associated 91% throughput ratio when it is very stable and noise free ?
2/. Is this a BT DLM function only or do PN have any control over this parameter ?

I am a big fan of G.Inp (retransmission) and consider myself lucky to be on a Huawei DSLAM (FTTC cabinet), it has completely eliminated any DS ES's I had previously and keeps me consistantly in ILQ green state.

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: G.Inp Data Throughput Ratio

We don't currently have any control over retransmission parameters. You're at the mercy of the DLM platform I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tiffy
Rising Star

Re: G.Inp Data Throughput Ratio

Bob,

Many thanks for the reply and confirmation that as I thought BT DLM controlles these parameters.
It would appear that DLM "retx high" profile is applied by default to newly "G.Inp'ed" lines giving it's associated 91% data throughput ratio as opposed to approx 97% ratio associated with "retx low" profile regardless of the line quality, perhaps at some stage DLM will decide to re-profile lines that are deemed to support "retx low" profile ?

As stated earlier, even though I have lost a little data throughput speed since G.Inp was applied, the virtual elimination of DS ES's is in my opinion worth the loss, however, with 97% throughput ration G.Inp would be even better !