cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.INP

sjptd
Grafter

Re: G.INP

I've been told on Thinkbroadband that it needs a modem firmware update.
If you have unlocked modem you may still get automatic firmware upgrades (as I do) or you may not.  For me with the automatic upgrades: I  lost the web access to the modem but kept the telnet access.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Well as long as Bt have there fiscal year start in April then it shouldn't be to long to start to see ECI cabs / modems get G.INP enabled at least that's a better outlook then not at all which was the thinking for awhile.
Starmans
Grafter

I finally got G.INP enabled on my line which is on the EASTF exchange which was one of the first 50 exchanges originally enabled. It had the nice effect of boosting my sync speed from 56Mb to 66Mb and reduced ping times from 25ms to 8ms.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Starmans
25ms to 8ms.

Shocked hopefully that's a sign of G.Inp's capability and not just a happy coincidence.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Starmans
Grafter

I've always had a level of interleaving on my line which resulted in the reasonably higher ping time - but yeah hopefully it'll remain. Now I just need to find out why my throughput has not increased.
Terranova667
Pro

It could well be that the plusnet profile hasn't Automatically changed to match the BT IP profile you can check here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
if it hasn't changed one of the CRT can do it for you, once changed you will need to drop the session in the router for the speed to take effect.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk
ECI rollout has NOT yet started, it will start during Q1 in the next fiscal year.

Incorrect.
There was an ECI trial back in December. Rollout for ECI DSLAMs has just begun and is expected to be complete by the end of June. The Huawei DSLAMs were due to be completed by the end of March.
JHewess
Grafter

What about any required firmware updates for ECI based OR modems. Any news on that?
Terranova667
Pro

As i understand any ECI modem updates should be automatic once the cab gets G.INP enabled I could be wrong about that though, I hope that's the case as i have a ECI OR modem myself. 
JHewess
Grafter

Sounds possible. My fear is that I wasn't using the OR modem at the time I suspect g.inp was enabled on my cab, and I don't know if the update will ever get pushed to it now or not. Assuming there is currently an update floating around of course.   
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

G.INP was activated on my own connection this morning.

I have attached the stats montages for the last 24 hours.
The switch from non-G.INP Bearer 0 only to G.INP activated on Bearer 0 & Bearer 1 is easy to spot, as are the changes to various counts.
I'm not immediately 'feeling' any advantages from G.INP being activated, but maybe the reduced/non-existent ES, CRC, HEC counts etc. will help in time.
These seem to have been replaced by FEC/RSCorr, mainly on Bearer 0, but with a few on Bearer 1.
Also, non-Bearer specific rtx_tx & rtx_c are now playing a part.

The G.INP montage includes LEFTRS delta values, but for an overview, I have also attached the cumulative DS LEFTRS graph on its own.

I'll be keeping my eagle eye on things for the next few days in case DLM decides it likes what it now sees & removes or adjusts the sync speed capping/banding at 22.4/5 on my connection.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Mine has been enabled now for 5 days with no change so far apart from my jitter, which doubled more or less on both upload and downloads, no sign of a speed increase thus far.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Quote from: chrcoluk
ECI rollout has NOT yet started, it will start during Q1 in the next fiscal year.

Incorrect.
There was an ECI trial back in December. Rollout for ECI DSLAMs has just begun and is expected to be complete by the end of June. The Huawei DSLAMs were due to be completed by the end of March.

incorrect.
AndyH
Grafter

Pointless arguing with you, but this was all discussed in the NGA working group meeting a couple of weeks ago.
chrcoluk
Grafter

and you are going to tell me now you attended this meeting
andyh you are  some unknown guy on a forum who claims to work for a company that is a BTw customer, you spend your entire working day sitting on forums answering posts, and I am to believe you over TWO openreach employees?
where is this mysterious already started ECI rollout? post codes, towns?
you dug yourself a hole with the earlier lie, now I guess its easier to carry it on then admit it.